Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #61
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelbased View Post
Mine is in transit, but it's scheduled to arrive on the 25th - however, I ordered next day, so logically it should arrive tomorrow, right? But it says UPS, not FedEx...

Did they charge me more and send it via a cheaper two day? That wouldn't be so cool :\

Either way, this is torture. I need it in my hands as an extension of myself
I paid for next day too ( for a K2 and a cover) but Amazon say expected delivery on the 25th. Supposedly it's shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver, but all day the UPS tracking has just said 'Billing Information Received'. I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens, but if it doesn't come Next Day I want my $8 back.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #62
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I paid for next day too ( for a K2 and a cover) but Amazon say expected delivery on the 25th. Supposedly it's shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver, but all day the UPS tracking has just said 'Billing Information Received'. I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens, but if it doesn't come Next Day I want my $8 back.
In the same boat here, but hopeful it'll be here tomorrow. I wish they'd used FedEx, however, as my UPS delivery doesn't come until about 5P, whereas FedEx is usually here around 11A.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #63
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
They shipped mine FedEx, and I'm happy about that since they arrive at my house earlier than UPS.

Amazon is still showing 2/25, and the FedEx tracking number is not showing anything, but, like AnemicOak, if I don't get my K2 and case tomorrow, I'm at least getting my $8 back (I'll set my hubby after them....that'll show them!)
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #64
gsvec
gsvec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine should be here on the 25th, too - can't wait!
gsvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #65
Toadmanor
Toadmanor began at the beginning.

I paid $18 for next day and mine shipped like 5AM today, it says I will receive on the 25th but if I do not get it tomorrow I will ask for a refund. All the tracking states is that billing info received.
Toadmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #66
hillncharge
hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hillncharge has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, Color Nook, Nook Tablet
I checked and mine has shipped as well. It is supposed to be here on the 26th of this month. Yippee!
hillncharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #67
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Well finally showing as shipped although it looks like it's not in UPS' hands yet still showing "Billing Information Received."
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #68
BenG
Wizard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Don't trust the tracking at Amazon. Take your tracking number to the UPS website and enter it there.
Amazon still has my delivery on the 25th. The UPS tracking information says it will be delivered on the 24th.
UPS tracking information:
http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #69
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Woo Hoo! K2 is finally on it's way! Amazing that they are shipping from Kentucky. You would think Amazon would have units shipping from more than one warehouse to serve various parts of the country.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 AM   #70
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Don't trust the tracking at Amazon. Take your tracking number to the UPS website and enter it there.
Amazon still has my delivery on the 25th. The UPS tracking information says it will be delivered on the 24th.
I've been haunting UPS tracking all day. That's where it's saying only "Billing Information Received." They are often slow in scanning in drop shipments like this. I've had packages make it halfway across the country before any tracking showed up on UPS.com
Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #71
Mintaka
Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.

Device: K2, K3 3G+WiFi, Nexus One (2.2)
UPS tracking finally shows something besides "Billing Info Received." It now shows "Scheduled Delivery: 02/24/2009" via NEXT DAY AIR SAVER.

Mintaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #72
BurBunny
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
UPS tracking finally shows something besides "Billing Info Received." It now shows "Scheduled Delivery: 02/24/2009" via NEXT DAY AIR SAVER.

Ditto! Was just coming to post the same. They must have bulk scanned in the drop shipment.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #73
cbnash
cbnash began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
BenG's right, Amazon says delivery on Wed, 25, UPS says, "On Time" for delivery on the 24th.
cbnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #74
Toadmanor
Toadmanor began at the beginning.

Mine now says will be delivered today 2/24/2009!!!!
Toadmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #75
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon K4, Fire, Droid 2
Mine's only 10 miles away but I'm pretty sure it missed the delivery window for today. I'm already an Amazon Prime member so I paid an extra $3.99 for overnight shipping. I thought it would be sent FedEx Overnight but it was shipped UPS Overnight.

I live next door to Kentucky and close to both the FedEx and UPS shipping hubs so I was hopeful for today but tomorrow is fine, too.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote