Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #16
sprkchsr
sprkchsr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Congrats! I'm waiting to see if I can shake the money loose from the budget to get mine. I've always had a book with me since I joined the Army in '92, and books have got me through a lot of ugly places. Reading them on a PDA is great, but the screen tech on the Kindle is where I need to be. Congrats again, and enjoy.
sprkchsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #17
jreuschl
jreuschl is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchero View Post
Ugh, I wasn't aware that Super Saver was SmartPost.

SmartPost is the slowest, most unreliable shipping method available, and it's about as fast as strapping your package to a guinea pig and putting the pig outside and screaming "go deliver!!!"

If you've ever purchased anything off of woot.com, they frequently use SmartPost and that shipping method has become a running joke on that site's forums. Woot even uses an icon with a package strapped to a snail to denote a product that will be shipped SmartPost. The last thing I ordered with SmartPost shipping took 21 days to make it from Dallas to Sacramento, at one point going the wrong direction and ending up in Arkansas.

I'm not really sure Amazon uses SmartPost though... Amazon super saver is slow but it's not THAT slow.
I had an item shipped from Amazon using Super Saver... guessing SmartPost.. took 1 week+1 day from Kentucky to Wisconsin, reg UPS Ground or FedEx ground would be 2 days.
jreuschl is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #18
branchero
Love reading, hate books
branchero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreuschl View Post
I had an item shipped from Amazon using Super Saver... guessing SmartPost.. took 1 week+1 day from Kentucky to Wisconsin, reg UPS Ground or FedEx ground would be 2 days.
If it took 8 days it definitely was NOT SmartPost
branchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 AM   #19
chanze
chanze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, HTC EVO, Xoom
I saw all the shipping post here and on the Amazon Forums so I checked my order....

Mine was originally 24 Feb 09 and now got bumped to...

Shipping estimate:March 5, 2009 - March 11, 2009
Delivery estimate:March 10, 2009 - March 18, 2009

I shouldn't have bothered to pay for the quicker shipping.

Now I'm bummed. :/
chanze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #20
peggynek
Enthusiast
peggynek began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanze View Post
I saw all the shipping post here and on the Amazon Forums so I checked my order....

Mine was originally 24 Feb 09 and now got bumped to...

Shipping estimate:March 5, 2009 - March 11, 2009
Delivery estimate:March 10, 2009 - March 18, 2009

I shouldn't have bothered to pay for the quicker shipping.

Now I'm bummed. :/
Ohh, this is very sad. I thought they have loads of kindles available, but it seems they haven't.
When did you order it? Quite recently?
peggynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #21
chanze
chanze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, HTC EVO, Xoom
umm, wow. I checked this morning and it changed from my previous comment to, already shipped.

Maybe a computer glitch?

chanze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #22
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Same here.... checked this morning and it shows as already shipped. Left the warehouse at 1:05am.

Cool... should have it on Wed.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #23
BenG
Wizard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
My Kindle has has shipped. It left the facility in Kentucky at 8:11 AM.
I chose 1 day delivery, but it still has an estimated delivery date of the 25th, even though I only live 95 miles away in southern Indiana and not too far from the UPS regional hub in Louisville.

Last edited by BenG; 02-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #24
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I just received something I bought from Buy.com and they used UPS Innovations, it arrived in Atlanta on Wednesday Feb 11th via UPS and then it was given to USPS and I did not get it until Wednesday February 18th. I will be very upset if they hold on to my Kindle that long! I hate USPS delivery and Amazon should not use them for I paid $6:95 for delivery in the hopes of avoiding them! I was so hoping for UPS or FedEx. It's just like SmartPost for FedEX, it was the Post Office that held on to my package for 7 days before delivery!

Last edited by Lilly; 02-23-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Everyone take the day off so you can play Kindle
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #26
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
On the Amazon page it still is estimating delivery on the 25th, but using the tracking number on the UPS site indicates the 24th. It will be here tomorrow!
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #27
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

Urrrggg.... No change here. Still listed as shipping soon with a delivery estimate of Feb 26.

And I have Amazon Prime with the 2 day ship...
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
Mintaka
Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.

Device: K2, K3 3G+WiFi, Nexus One (2.2)
I got the shipping email this morning. It says shipped via UPS Next Day Air, so maybe I'll have it by tomorrow? My serial number has been assigned too. How exciting!
Mintaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #29
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Mine shipped too!!!! woohooo I can't wait!
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #30
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Mine has shipped!! Arrives on wednesday!!
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote