Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
herbal
herbal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Kindles, audiobooks and confusion

Hello again, I've been blundering around this site, trying to figure it all out. Thanks to desertgrandma for steering me in this (the right?) direction.

I'm in Georgia, a major reader, gardener, member of a community-supported agriculture group and Kindle 1 owner. I also love to listen to audiobooks but have had one problem after another. Yes, I'm technologically challenged. I bought an MP3 player so that I could download audiobooks from netLibrary and then found out about the requirements that were needed so that I could pick up again at the point where I left off reading. I did not buy the correct MP3.

Now I've gone to Audible.com to get books for my Kindle and find that my home computer is not new enough. I have Windows 98, Audible goes back to 2000. Does anyone know of another option for getting audiobooks on my Kindle?
herbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
HA!!! You've done it! Great job.....

Welcome to MobileRead. If there is an answer to your queston, someone will post.

In the meantime, scour the forums and threads, and learn, grasshopper, learn!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
herbal

Okay then. I'm off to the home computer (nasty old thing) to see if I can do better. Thanks bunches!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
Now I've gone to Audible.com to get books for my Kindle and find that my home computer is not new enough. I have Windows 98, Audible goes back to 2000. Does anyone know of another option for getting audiobooks on my Kindle?
Does itunes work on your PC?

BOb

(Maybe it's time for a new PC... or at least operating system?)
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
use an older version of Audible

http://audible.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ted=1163808692
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
herbal

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, a new operating system is in order and it is certainly on our wish list. Don't have an Ipod, so don't know if that works. Will try the link to older Audible. Wish me luck as I stumble through the possibilities.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
giddion
Connoisseur
giddion doesn't littergiddion doesn't litter

Device: samsung i910 now - cybook later
Welcome to the community!

And for MP3 playing on windows 98 I would suggest WinAmp: http://www.winamp.com/player

Don't know if the current release does 98 but I do know I used it on windows 98.
giddion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi herbal and welocme to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote