Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle 1 on TV

I just saw a Kindle 1 at the end of the episode of the new TNT series "Trust Me".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle1.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	23757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle2.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	23758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle3.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	23759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle4.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	23760  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Nice.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Product placement?
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Product placement?
This drives me nuts. I can deal if it's a talk show, or whatever, but everywhere else? Grrr.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
This drives me nuts. I can deal if it's a talk show, or whatever, but everywhere else? Grrr.
Here's something to make you extra nuts.
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Product placement?
Since you only see the back of it and only those who know what a Kindle is will recognize it, I doubt it.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Here's something to make you extra nuts.
Grr. Commercials don't belong in my TV shows. Even if I love the product they are advertising.

*edit - wait, did you notice they taped off "Sony?" It isn't a paid advert then.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Grr. Commercials don't belong in my TV shows. Even if I love the product they are advertising.
If you read the thread, you'll realize it wasn't a commercial. They greeked (blocked) out the name of the reader. It was appropriate to use in the scene because the episode revolved around a couple in a book store that was bought out buy a big company (Amazon-ish) and it was a pitch meeting about new products.

Truth in advertising (ha ha), I work making commercials and even I am sensitive to inappropriate use of advertising.

Sometimes, things are just props.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
It's either product placement or even more endless commercials. Programming ain't really free. Although some of the drek on TV, I feel they should pay me to even own a box that has the potential to receive it...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you read the thread, you'll realize it wasn't a commercial. They greeked (blocked) out the name of the reader. It was appropriate to use in the scene because the episode revolved around a couple in a book store that was bought out buy a big company (Amazon-ish) and it was a pitch meeting about new products.

Truth in advertising (ha ha), I work making commercials and even I am sensitive to inappropriate use of advertising.

Sometimes, things are just props.
Yeah, I noticed that (edited my post). I get so irritated when I'm watching a show and BAM! commercial. I love Psych, but they do it a lot. They had a two minute mini commercial to Dunkin' Donuts once.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that (edited my post). I get so irritated when I'm watching a show and BAM! commercial. I love Psych, but they do it a lot. They had a two minute mini commercial to Dunkin' Donuts once.
Yeah, but they do it with so much tongue in cheek that you just otta laugh. I imagine that somewhere there are people in corporat offices pulling their hair out when they see what they get for their money from them.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah, but they do it with so much tongue in cheek that you just otta laugh. I imagine that somewhere there are people in corporat offices pulling their hair out when they see what they get for their money from them.
No, they're happy because you're talking about it and remember what the product was. That's the point.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You know who does that the best? Mike Rowe from Dirty jobs.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
KimmyA
KimmyA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Did anyone see Desperate Housewives a couple of weeks ago? Bree bought a new car and was showing her friends all of the features. At the end of her speech, the camera zoomed in on the name of the car.
KimmyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
You know who does that the best? Mike Rowe from Dirty jobs.
And he is quite good at it i might add
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote