Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Another free Kindle Book

"Blood of Eden", by Edward Morris. Here is the synopsis

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-of-Eden/...2929140&sr=1-1

Product Description
Not all faeries have wings. Not all goblins are green. And not all wars are fought on the outside. The first installment in the exciting new ARKADIA trilogy. Larry Cresswell, a disillusioned twenty-something, moves back in with his parents after college, gets his young girlfriend pregnant and ends up in the Oakland barrio, drunk and on welfare. Not as much of this is his fault as he'd like to believe.

His girlfriend is a Changeling, left on Earth from the dimension of Faerie during a long and bitter war.

One day she learns this, leaves and takes their daughter to Seattle, during the WTO Protests of 1999. This disaster, it is foretold, will punch a hole between dimensions and send her home as Queen of the Sluagh goblin-folk.

Larry goes after his daughter, but to win her back he must first surrender-to himself. Only when he faces his own true origins can he hope to survive.

It's snowing in Arkadia. The King and Queen are imprisoned, and the Sluagh are on the march. Pass with Larry under the shadow of the storm, along with him for the hell-ride of his life...

This book was previously published, but has been substantially revised and re-edited for Samhain Publishing.

Warning, Sexual references, graphic language and violence.

Hope this hasn't already been posted......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Boo, not free yet on Sony's site.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Why thenqu, thenqu vurry much.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
How frequently do they release free books? I think I am almost sold on the Kindle
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: The Amazing Amazon Kindle
Free books are frequent. However they are also frequently books with a lot of sex in them.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLS View Post
Free books are frequent. However they are also frequently books with a lot of sex in them.
And your point would be.....?

(just kidding)
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
How frequently do they release free books? I think I am almost sold on the Kindle
Basically, whenever they feel like it. But remember, Sony does this also. (AACCKKK.....did I just plug Sony???)

Seriously, if you can get your hands on a Kindle, you'll not regret it. And if you do, you have 30 days to return it no questions asked, just for the price of return postage.

Amazon has great customer service, also. Anytime you buy a book that has lousy formatting, or isn't what you expected or has too much 'whatever', you can let them know, and they will refund and take book off your reader.

(stepping off soapbox now)
Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
My experience so far with free Kindle books is that they tend to be worth just what I paid for them. I didn't even finish "Caught Stealing" (which I notice is still available for free on Amazon). I had to turn off my Kindle when it got to the part about torturing the kitten
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
My experience so far with free Kindle books is that they tend to be worth just what I paid for them. I didn't even finish "Caught Stealing" (which I notice is still available for free on Amazon). I had to turn off my Kindle when it got to the part about torturing the kitten
Oh no! I thought it was supposed to be a comedy. Guess I won't be reading that one.

Free books from Amazon aren't why I bought the Kindle, and I think anyone who owns one will tell you the same.
Riparkers comment is about on the spot.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
I heard Prague was pretty good (it is up for vote on the Mobileread book club), and I know Julie Garwood is pretty popular. Both of those books are available from the same promotion. And the $1 book from Orbit (Way of Shadows) is extremely popular.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I heard Prague was pretty good (it is up for vote on the Mobileread book club), and I know Julie Garwood is pretty popular. Both of those books are available from the same promotion. And the $1 book from Orbit (Way of Shadows) is extremely popular.
I really should have clarified my statement. For me, my tastes, the free books aren't that interesting. I download them, start some, lose interest.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I really should have clarified my statement. For me, my tastes, the free books aren't that interesting. I download them, start some, lose interest.
I'm just saying they aren't all crap

I honestly wouldn't know for sure though, I haven't read any of my free books yet.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
Kindleist
Kindleist began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Quote frequently, you can rearrange the books in the Kindle store and reorder them by price, love to high... there are usually about 5-10 free books and any given time.
Kindleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Unfortunately, this book is now 3.60. I would have taken it for 0.00, but it doesn't sound interesting enough for me to buy at the current price, particularly given the backlog I'm sitting on.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #15
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for this. I'm downloading it now
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote