Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #16
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
I'm hoping for a 3rd party battery swap solution in a year or so. Kind of like the services for changing iPod batteries.

I believe the battery is covered under the 1 year warranty. There's a message from Amazon Kindle support somewhere in my inbox where I asked about this since my K1 battery doesn't seem to be holding a charge as well.
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #17
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDaMan View Post
Also, why can't they come up with better battery technology?
Why are we assuming that the new battery in the Kindle 2 isn't good?
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The Kindle II battery should easily last until next March when you will want to purchase the Kindle III
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
The Kindle II battery should easily last until next March when you will want to purchase the Kindle III
I'm hoping it will last until the Kindle IV so I can skip a generation before the urge to upgrade becomes overwhelming.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote