Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Overall view of the DR1000S

I must admit that the new firmware release for the DR1000S tempts me to buy one for use at home (although I still think the 6" devices are perfect for travelling).

Could anyone comment on how good the device is as a MobiPocket reader with the new firmware? I understand that it now supports display of the book cover, bookmarks, dictionary lookup? Am I correct in thinking that, with the DR1000, one can add annotation to any type of document, rather than it being restricted to PDF, as was the case with the iLiad?

You still can't change the font in the Mobi reader, right?

Any other thoughts?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Am I correct in thinking that, with the DR1000, one can add annotation to any type of document, rather than it being restricted to PDF, as was the case with the iLiad?

You still can't change the font in the Mobi reader, right?

Any other thoughts?
Harry,

You still cannot annotate a Mobipocket document nor change the font. I don't know about straight ASCII or HTML - I don't have any of those file on my DR. You can change the font size in these documents

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Thanks for that - I was under the mistaken impression that the new "document interface" allows any type of document to be annotated. That rather puts me off it - annotation is something I'm specifically looking for.

Thanks for the help.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
omro
Addict
omro is on a distinguished road

Device: Broke both my ebook readers, and bought an iPad. Couldn't be happier.
Alas, even if the mobipocket books were able to be annotated, with the calibration currently being so poor, it's hard to annotate anything.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
planetrobbie
Connoisseur
planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: forgotten a treo 650 for a DR1000 and now for a nook -size does matter
I fully agree, pen writting is currently in its infancy No real use for it, exept for lines, circles or arrows.

Calibration and slow screen refresh doesn't help here.

planetrobbie
planetrobbie is offline   Reply With Quote