Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: How many books do you read at one time?
Only One 69 38.76%
Two or three 74 41.57%
Four or five 21 11.80%
More than five 14 7.87%
I don't read books 0 0%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
I only ever read one at a time. However, I generally have several "on the go". I think I'd find it extremely distracting to have more than one book open in front of me at the same time.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I only ever read one at a time. However, I generally have several "on the go". I think I'd find it extremely distracting to have more than one book open in front of me at the same time.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Well, the original poster did ask .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #34
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
I read one book at a time, although I am thinking of changing that. I am going to read one fiction book, and perhaps one computer book. I am going to see how using bookmarks might enable me to swap between books quickly.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #35
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Flyer; BBMini; Sony PRS650; Onyx Boox T68
Two or three. And one audible book. I generally have one "big" book which I will put away sometimes to read some light book in between. Unless I just can't put a book away, I'll only read one then
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #36
Nickfdr
Enthusiast
Nickfdr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Due to school I have to read more than 1 book but without school it would only be one... sorry two eyes but can only read one book, GOSH biology is a rip off artist
Nickfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #37
Marian0121
Marian0121 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I usually read two to five books at a time and then a book from audible.com. I have been with them since they started and love to listen when walking, in bed, etc. All the other times I read and now with my 505.

Marian
Marian0121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #38
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony prs-t1, Kobo Glo
I usually have 2 or 3 books 'on the go' at a time. Usually 1 main book and a couple others in different genre that are filler books for when I want a change or am between 'main books.' I also have an Audio book in the go from Audible.com for long car rides and when I want a story read to me.
I usually read at least a book a week, more if I'm on vacation or sick and have extra reading time.

Hubby thinks I'm crazy for having more than 1 book on the go at a time. He reads 1 book till it's done then starts the next. He use to have only 4 books loaded on his Cybook at a time. Then I started finding books for him during the Fictionwise 50% off sales and loaded it up. Now he has a whopping 20 books loaded!!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #39
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: The Amazing Amazon Kindle
Just one at a time. Granted it doesn't usually take me very long to read it.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #40
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Venue Pro 8
I usually have two or three going at once. One to read myself to sleep with (usually something light), and whatever library books I have, and something to read in the car while I wait for Chris to get off work.

Now that I have the EZ Reader, it's a lot easier to juggle whatever I'm reading...but I promised my librarians I wouldn't abandon them, so right now i have a tote full of pbooks waiting to be read also.
phenomshel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #41
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Venue Pro 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian0121 View Post
I usually read two to five books at a time and then a book from audible.com. I have been with them since they started and love to listen when walking, in bed, etc. All the other times I read and now with my 505.

Marian
Hey Marian, don't I know you??? It's Shel...
phenomshel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #42
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7
I usually read only one book at a time. If however, I have a particularly tempting paperback waiting in the wings I will read that as well. I would never have more than two books on the go at once.

Slan,
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #43
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ChipnDale knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PSR-505
Two to three depending on how complex/interesting the book is...some books I can barely put down and will probably just read alone, others get tiring after a few chapters so I need a break with a different book.
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #44
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I had to vote for "Only One", but in reality there are times when I'm in the middle of a book that I'm reading for enjoyment when I also start a book I need to read for work.

Luckily those time are few and far between.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #45
readingrocks!
x
readingrocks! doesn't litterreadingrocks! doesn't litter

Device: None
I usually read one at a time, since I often read in snatches and don't like to lose the thread of the story.

Last edited by readingrocks!; 02-21-2009 at 07:43 PM.
readingrocks! is offline   Reply With Quote