Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
poppacas
poppacas began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello to each and all.

Peace be with you........

Just found this site while following link from a blog.

Researching Kindle Data for my sweet lady, who is a Kindle Enthusiast.
Our aging eyes make small print difficult so the type variations offered on eReaders is a great help.

No decision yet from me, as to device selection. Three devices interest me at present......

Have a blest day and "be careful out there"......cas
poppacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
And also with you...

OH WAIT, I'm not in church, LOL. Heh, it's automatic.

Anyway I don't know the zoom levels on the Kindle, but the Reader zooms in nicely (my mom loves it, she zooms into medium level) and that's about where you would see a large print. The 700 zooms in even more.

Makes it nice, you don't have to go out looking for large print! Although my local library seems to have more large print books than anything.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Welcome pappacas. I can recommend the Cybook Gen3 for font types (any True Type Font - TTF) and sizes (12). I fully understand the "needing larger size" but I've also found that some fonts work better with my eyes.

All that said, I prefer my EZ Reader even with fewer sizes (3 or 5 depending on book format type) and no ability to change the font (yet with Mobipocket formated books - my preference).

One thing I've found with readers that can read RTF is that you can take the unDRMed book into MS Word (or the free Open Office's Word), increase the font size there and then add to your ereader. You start loosing functionality at about 48 point font due to screen size.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi cas and welcome to the Forum. I have a Sony 505 and that has three levels of font size which seem to work fine. You should check it out at a Sony Store.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
poppacas

Hello again

Greetings

thank you all for your replies.

Interesting technology this e-ink...

Learning much about the variety of readers available---

have a blest week......

~†~ love is the answer ~†~
Old 01-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello pappacas and welcome.

Enjoy the free books here for you to download, and feel free to jump in anytime!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
poppacas

Hello all------
have a question please--------
each time i come to this site am having to sign in every few minutes---
am i crossing forum lines-- thus needing to sign in again???
Oh, am using Foxfire, any difficulty there???

There are so many great areas to read in---good stuff...thank you to all...

be well----
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppacas View Post
Try clicking the "remember me" when you log in.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello all------
have a question please--------
am i crossing forum lines-- thus needing to sign in again???

There are so many great areas to read in---good stuff...thank you to all...

be well----
Foxfire is definitely not the problem. Do as Bob says and let us know if that helps.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Well there's your problem right there....

Try using Firefox instead.

Actually, do you have any security type add-ons for Firefox that might be deleting your session cookies. If you're not sure, disable all your add-ons and see if that makes a difference. But, doing remember me should fix it since that makes the cookie persistent. You can always manually log off if you want to due to using a shared PC.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 01-26-2009 at 11:21 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Well there's your problem right there....

Try using Firefox instead.

Actually, do you have any security type add-ons for Firefox that might be deleting your session cookies. If you're not sure, disable all your add-ons and see if that makes a difference. But, doing remember me should fix it since that makes the cookie persistent. You can always manually log off if you want to due to using a shared PC.

BOb
And I didn't catch that! What was I thinking??? Oh, Lordy lordy!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
poppacas

Ah yes....
Foxfire Books
Firefox the browser

Have solved the sign in problem.........
thank you all-------