Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.
 
dpierron's Avatar
 
Posts: 532
Karma: 8792
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Metz, France
Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Just a quick bug report : I tried to create an ePub from a .cbz file which had an accented letter in its filename (Les inédits de Gotlib) and I typed the same name (with the accented letter). The generated ePub file was reported as bad by Adobe Digital Editions, and when I renamed the .cbz file sans the accented letter, and regenerated the ePub file, it worked...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #17
Komenor
Enthusiast
Komenor doesn't litterKomenor doesn't litter
 
Komenor's Avatar
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 100
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
BTW, is it written in Tcl/Tk? It's been a long time since I saw one of those.
Yes, this language had a big progression since those lasts years, I like it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Interesting program, merci beaucoup !

I'd like to suggest something : preload the chapter names with the name of the files (when importing a folder), preferably with an user option to allow for some transformations...

A bientôt,
David
Thank you, David.
Yes, It's an idea : give to the first page the name of the file.
I will add that to my Open Point List.
Komenor is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Enthusiast
Old 04-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
Komenor
Enthusiast
Komenor doesn't litterKomenor doesn't litter
 
Komenor's Avatar
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 100
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Just a quick bug report : I tried to create an ePub from a .cbz file which had an accented letter in its filename (Les inédits de Gotlib) and I typed the same name (with the accented letter). The generated ePub file was reported as bad by Adobe Digital Editions, and when I renamed the .cbz file sans the accented letter, and regenerated the ePub file, it worked...
Yes, I decided to not use Tidy to filter the files (to reduce the third party programs and the size of the application).
That's why the accentued characters are not converted with the correct sequence for XHTML.
I will add this point too in my OPL
But I don't think that it cause a problem on the PRS-505 (in fact, I have not tried this point)
Komenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #19
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
droople's Avatar
 
Posts: 95
Karma: 388
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Hi Komenor

I'm trying to convert some png file into epub format.

the original file size is 587*754, and I set the pages as 600*800, after the convertion, I found that the file size became 618*824, and can not be displayed fully on my ereader.

I'm not sure if it's a bug?

Cheers
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
Komenor
Enthusiast
Komenor doesn't litterKomenor doesn't litter
 
Komenor's Avatar
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 100
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by droople View Post
Hi Komenor

I'm trying to convert some png file into epub format.

the original file size is 587*754, and I set the pages as 600*800, after the convertion, I found that the file size became 618*824, and can not be displayed fully on my ereader.

I'm not sure if it's a bug?

Cheers
Hello droople,
Your problem is strange to me, can you give a link of a sample picture, I will try to reproduce the problem.
Unfortunately I would not be at home this evening nor tomorrow and can't give an answer before Sunday.
But I will try to look as soon as possible.
Komenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
droople's Avatar
 
Posts: 95
Karma: 388
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komenor View Post
Hello droople,
Your problem is strange to me, can you give a link of a sample picture, I will try to reproduce the problem.
Unfortunately I would not be at home this evening nor tomorrow and can't give an answer before Sunday.
But I will try to look as soon as possible.
Thank you Komenor

Please find the attached sample picture and sample epub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000186.png
Views:	433
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	48728  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Test.epub (233.8 KB, 426 views)
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Komenor
Enthusiast
Komenor doesn't litterKomenor doesn't litter
 
Komenor's Avatar
 
Posts: 29
Karma: 100
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello,

Sorry for this late answer, but I have just looked at the problem.
You are right, the resulting file is not correct !
I will try to find the reason.

Thank you for the feedback.
Komenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:06 AM   #23
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
droople's Avatar
 
Posts: 95
Karma: 388
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komenor View Post
Hello,

Sorry for this late answer, but I have just looked at the problem.
You are right, the resulting file is not correct !
I will try to find the reason.

Thank you for the feedback.
Thank you for the testing~~~
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
application, cbz, epub, images, linux

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conversion of comics (CBR/CBZ) FangornUK Conversion 269 09-05-2012 11:43 PM
CBZ/CBR files issue guyanonymous Calibre 4 03-03-2010 04:16 PM
cbr and cbz convertor asdx Astak EZReader 4 02-05-2010 02:37 AM
PRS-600 Help with CBR/CBZ to EPUB scribblenauts Sony Reader 3 01-14-2010 07:10 PM
iPod .Cbr or.Cbz on the Itouch jaxs Apple Devices 6 12-25-2009 02:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.