Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 03-23-2005, 12:54 AM   #1
Reason319
Reason319 began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Tungsten T3
Thumbpad for Palm Tungsten Series

My good ol' T|T3 is my fourth PDA and thusfar one of my favorites. Why not my favorite, you ask? I remember back when I had my Palm V and purchased a thumbpad for it - it was the single greatest accessory ever! Since then I haven't found any company, even Targus, that made one for later Palms. What's up with that? With a thumbpad you can stick it in your pocket and quickly snap it to the understide of your palm and tap out a quick message. Now all they have are bulky wireless keyboards. I would love to hear your opinions on the death of the thumbpad and whether or not you think they'll ever come back.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I love my wireless keyboard, but I admit there are often times where I've thought of a thumbpad. I've never used one, so I can't say a lot about it, but they certainly seem like a useful add-on and something that would be great to have as an option.