Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
zcgbv35
zcgbv35 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello from China

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a while and it's the best source of information on the subject I've found. I think I've got the basics of the different devices but I'm curious about how an ereader handles footnotes and endnotes. I ask because I'm reading a biography at the moment and I keep a finger in the notes section at the back because there are about 3-5 notes per page.

I haven't got an ereader at the moment. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the devices and the technology so I can buy one when I return to the UK in the Summer (as far as I know ereaders are only available from the internet in China).

Sorry, this is in the wrong forum, isn't it?

Last edited by zcgbv35; 01-05-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: realized it was in the wrong forum.
zcgbv35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, zcgbv35.

It is possible to hyperlink footnotes, so that the person reading just clicks on them, reads the note and either clicks to go back, or hits the back button.
If you want to see for yourself how this works, then download mobipocket reader and the Sony Ebook library software. Then experiment with some of the books in our upload section.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
zcgbv35
zcgbv35 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much for the quick reply Patricia. I'll try what you suggested.
zcgbv35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi zcgbv35 and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcgbv35 View Post
Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a while and it's the best source of information on the subject I've found. I think I've got the basics of the different devices but I'm curious about how an ereader handles footnotes and endnotes. I ask because I'm reading a biography at the moment and I keep a finger in the notes section at the back because there are about 3-5 notes per page.

I haven't got an ereader at the moment. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the devices and the technology so I can buy one when I return to the UK in the Summer (as far as I know ereaders are only available from the internet in China).

Sorry, this is in the wrong forum, isn't it?
Welcome, zcgbv35. Good luck with whichever device you get!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footnotes, notes