Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #7681
PieMan597
Half-eaten
PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nexus 7
In Egypt, is it legal to marry a widow's husband?
Spoiler:
You would want to marry a dead person?
PieMan597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:08 AM   #7682
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
When I was 13, I hoped that one day I would have a girlfriend with big boobs.

When I was 16, I got a girlfriend with big tits, but there was no passion,
so I decided I needed a passionate girl with a zest for life.

When I was 18 and in college, I dated a passionate girl, but she was too
emotional. Everything was an emergency. She was a drama queen, cried all the
time and threatened suicide. So I decided I needed a girl with stability.

When I was 21, I found a very stable girl but she was boring. She was
totally predictable and never got excited about anything. Life became so
dull that I decided that I needed a girl with some excitement.

When I was 28, I found an exciting girl, but I couldn't keep up with her.
She rushed from one thing to another, never settling on anything. She did
mad, impetuous things and made me miserable as often as happy. She was great
fun initially and very energetic, but directionless. So I decided to find a
girl with some real ambition.

When I turned 35, I found a smart ambitious girl with her feet planted
firmly on the ground, so I married her. She was so ambitious that she
divorced me and took everything I owned.

I am older and wiser now, and I am looking for a girl with big boobs.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #7683
orlok
Getting back into it
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
^ the circle of life
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #7684
orlok
Getting back into it
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
My entire English group signed their work 'Adam' earlier.

It was then that I realised none of them had fully understood what I meant when I told them to write a story in first person.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #7685
PoP
Fᵘᶻᶻʸ⅓⋚¹¹⫽₃₃⪓¹¹¹⫻₃₃₃ Mᵃᵗʰ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3.₄, PRS-350, SGS3, Rπ, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan597 View Post
In Egypt, is it legal to marry a widow's husband?
Spoiler:
You would want to marry a dead person?
It is:
Spoiler:
when the widow from a first marriage gets remarried, then dies. if you are a women you can then marry the second husband
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #7686
PieMan597
Half-eaten
PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PieMan597 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AARG! You got me!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #7687
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Math, THE Universal Language.

There are three cats in a race across the English channel: An English cat named One Two Three, a German cat named Eins Zwei Drei, and a French cat named Un Deux Trois.

The English and German cats finish and get their awards, but the French cat never shows up. Why is that?

Because Un Deux Trois cat sank.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #7688
PieMan597
Half-eaten

PIRATES!!!

Once apon a time, there was a very notorious pirate. He would win in battle every time. One day on the open sea, the watchman reported to the captan, "Sir, there is an enemy ship coming our way!"
The captan replied, "Bring me my red fighting shirt!"
They won the battle.

The next day, the watchman spotted another ship, so he alerted the captan. The captan replied, "Bring me my red fighting shirt!"
They won that day.

The watchman saw another ship on the horizon, so he alerted the captan. As usual, he replied, "Bring me my red fighting shirt!"
This time, the watchman asked, "Why a red fighting shirt?"
The captan repled that it was so he didn't look weak.
They won that battle.

The next day, the watchman saw a whole armada of enemy warships on the horizon, and so he alerted the captan.
The captan replied, "Bring me my brown fighting pants!"
Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #7689
yvanleterrible
When books can fly!
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini in my lunchbox.
Had I known this 50 years ago I would have chosen wiser...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #7690
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Had I known this 50 years ago I would have chosen wiser...
I'd name it "Password."
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #7691
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I'd name it "Password."
I would name it "Strong Password".
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #7692
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan597 View Post
This time, the watchman asked, "Why a red fighting shirt?"
The captan repled that it was so he didn't look weak.
They won that battle.
The brown pants works better if the reason behind the red shirt is:

"If I get wounded in battle the blood does not show up through the red shirt. If the enemy does not know I am wounded they will not know I am weakened."
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #7693
PoP

"Yeah, right!"

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. In some languages though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative." "However," he added, "there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."
Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #7694
doubleshuffle
Oi, Artistic License!
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD
^ I ain't never been no good with logic jokes, but I don't half not get that one, oh no.

EDIT: I think now I got it. It's about the joke's title. Ok ok ok... But does sarcasm count? It's only a negative with the correct intonation, isn't it? And the linguist in the joke is of course only right about the double negatives if he ignores loads of non-standard Englishes...

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 04-15-2014 at 07:06 AM.
doubleshuffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #7695
PoP

^ I don't disagree with your edit +1

Last edited by PoP; 04-18-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: googled a reference