Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
book_addict
Member
book_addict began at the beginning.
 
book_addict's Avatar
 
Posts: 12
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Device: Cybook Gen 3
40% off at Cyberread.com

I have discovered that if you use the following code word at checkout, you will be able to get 40% off until January 31st at www.cyberread.com

code: Charon
book_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 88
Karma: 44
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: amsterdam
Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by book_addict View Post
I have discovered that if you use the following code word at checkout, you will be able to get 40% off until January 31st at www.cyberread.com

code: Charon
thanks for your thread.
i've bought some books that i thought were too much to pay for.
with 40% off it was okay for me!
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
book_addict
Member
book_addict began at the beginning.
 
book_addict's Avatar
 
Posts: 12
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2009
Device: Cybook Gen 3
Yea, the prices on cyberread aren't really as good as on booksonboard or fictionwise but with the discount, it makes the prices pretty reasonable.

Glad that it's been useful!
book_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 88
Karma: 44
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: amsterdam
Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by book_addict View Post
Yea, the prices on cyberread aren't really as good as on booksonboard or fictionwise but with the discount, it makes the prices pretty reasonable.

Glad that it's been useful!
i checked my booksonboard wishlist first ...
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 AM   #5
curlygirl
Member
curlygirl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2008
Device: Hanlin V3
Hey, thanks for the info.
By the way is it the real discount or something like micropay rebates or rewards dollar (for buying another book) ???
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 88
Karma: 44
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: amsterdam
Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
Hey, thanks for the info.
By the way is it the real discount or something like micropay rebates or rewards dollar (for buying another book) ???
it's real discount!
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
curlygirl
Member
curlygirl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2008
Device: Hanlin V3
This is so bad...
I just bought an ebook (Thank God I just bought one cause I intended to buy 7!!!!!) from cyberread.com
And when I notice they don't ask for the PID Number I tried to ask some questions to cust service (about whether I can read it in my Hanlin V3). And when they said yes and help me with the instruction, I bought it (just one for trial).
I've followed all the instruction, and still I can't read the ebook in my V3

Can somebody help me here??
Or how is it to strip this DRM? Cause I can't read this book
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
curlygirl
Member
curlygirl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2008
Device: Hanlin V3
Helloo??? Can anybody help me here???
I emailed the CYBERREAD twice but still no reply til now
Arghhhhh!!!!
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #9
curlygirl
Member
curlygirl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2008
Device: Hanlin V3
Trust me guys, you'll regret it if you ever buy something from cyberread.com.
I bought a book, it can't be read at all in my device, and I send them around 5 or 6 emails already and NO REPLY YET (when I asked it earlier whether I can buy the book for my device it only takes a couple of minutes for their reply, but when it's a problem, where are they????).
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:49 AM   #10
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Seabound's Avatar
 
Posts: 711
Karma: 505995
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
This is so bad...
I just bought an ebook (Thank God I just bought one cause I intended to buy 7!!!!!) from cyberread.com
And when I notice they don't ask for the PID Number I tried to ask some questions to cust service (about whether I can read it in my Hanlin V3). And when they said yes and help me with the instruction, I bought it (just one for trial).
I've followed all the instruction, and still I can't read the ebook in my V3

Can somebody help me here??
Or how is it to strip this DRM? Cause I can't read this book
What instructions did they give? Did they eventually ask for your device PID?
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #11
curlygirl
Member
curlygirl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2008
Device: Hanlin V3
They never ask PID number, I had reconfirm that thing before I bought it in case I got it wrong, but yes they never ask for PID Number.
If you open it in desktop mobireader they'll ask your user and pass in cyberread in order to open the book.

And they said it can be transferred to Hanlin V3 with drag and drop from my Mac (and I've registered my Hanlin PID Number also), still no luck, and still no responds from them.

Last edited by curlygirl; 01-06-2009 at 06:04 AM.
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:34 AM   #12
pdurrant
Santa Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
pdurrant's Avatar
 
Posts: 33,337
Karma: 90778786
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norfolk, England
Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Just ask for a refund. As far as I've been able to tell, Cyberread rely on the use of Mobipocket Reader on Windows to encode their Mobipocket books with PIDs. If you don't have Windows, you can't use their Mobipocket books.

Hopefully they'll set up manual PID entry on their website eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
They never ask PID number, I had reconfirm that thing before I bought it in case I got it wrong, but yes they never ask for PID Number.
If you open it in desktop mobireader they'll ask your user and pass in cyberread in order to open the book.

And they said it can be transferred to Hanlin V3 with drag and drop from my Mac (and I've registered my Hanlin PID Number also), still no luck, and still no responds from them.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #13
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 88
Karma: 44
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: amsterdam
Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
They never ask PID number, I had reconfirm that thing before I bought it in case I got it wrong, but yes they never ask for PID Number.
If you open it in desktop mobireader they'll ask your user and pass in cyberread in order to open the book.

And they said it can be transferred to Hanlin V3 with drag and drop from my Mac (and I've registered my Hanlin PID Number also), still no luck, and still no responds from them.
that is strange.
i didn't use mobipocket reader to download my books. and i am a mac-user.
downloaded the books from my account form cyberread and saved them on my sd-card and compactflash. could read the books on cybook and iliad. took the drm off and could read them on my sony as well.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #14
curlygirl
Member
curlygirl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2008
Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia View Post
that is strange.
i didn't use mobipocket reader to download my books. and i am a mac-user.
downloaded the books from my account form cyberread and saved them on my sd-card and compactflash. could read the books on cybook and iliad. took the drm off and could read them on my sony as well.
Yeah, I download the book from "my account" also. Then drag&drop the file to my SD Card and even tried this in my Hanlin harddisk itself, still no luck. They said in the website it'll be okay will Cybook, but since I have Hanlin V3 I emailed them first to make sure is it ok with Hanlin, and they said YES it should be no problem.

PDurrant, yes I asked them for refund (if it still can't be transferred to my Hanlin), let's see how they'll respond, it's been one day, and I sent 5 or 6 messages to them, still no reply

Last edited by curlygirl; 01-06-2009 at 08:45 AM.
curlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
pilotbob's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,634
Karma: 11390499
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tampa, FL USA
Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
Yeah, I download the book from "my account" also. Then drag&drop the file to my SD Card and even tried this in my Hanlin harddisk itself, still no luck. They said in the website it'll be okay will Cybook, but since I have Hanlin V3 I emailed them first to make sure is it ok with Hanlin, and they said YES it should be no problem.
Did you follow this FAQ topic in there help section?

It is for CyBook... you profile shows you have one. But, I can't imagine it would be difference with a CyBook or V3.

http://cyberread.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...i=&p_topview=1

Although I've got to say from reading that I don't understand how your PID gets to the store.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 01-06-2009 at 09:05 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CyberRead 25% off coupon NightBird Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 0 02-27-2010 02:35 AM
cyberread.com bookwurm70 Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 5 02-05-2010 01:40 AM
15% off orders at cyberread.com until 15.12.09 Ea Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 12 12-10-2009 04:11 PM
CyberRead on Facebook Gibbo Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 1 06-11-2009 07:16 PM
CyberRead.com Deals ClintBrauer Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 2 05-11-2009 09:43 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.