Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Barrington, George: A Voyage to Botany Bay. v1.1. 1 Jan 2009

Text from Project Gutenberg Australia.

Author: George Barrington (14 May 1755 – 27 December 1804).

In September 1790, the author was accused of robbing a man of his watch, found guilty, and sentenced to be transported to Australia for seven years.

This is my first upload (and my first new thread) and I welcome any comments/suggestions to improve it.

Edit: V1.1 now uploaded. I did some more work on em dashes/hyphens (thanks for the suggestions, Seabound!) I still can't get em dashes to work in Mobipocket Reader or on the HanLin, but this version should look better than the previous. Previous download count: 3.

Last edited by cbell; 08-21-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Updated version. Removed this ebook. 186 downloads.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
Hey, you posted a book in the future!
It's still 2008 over here!
Happy new years
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Oh! Its 3.15pm on 01/01/09 here! haha! Happy New Year to you, too.

I wonder if I've posted the first book for 2009? That'd be cool!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
it might be even kooler in lrf for the sony, hint, hint, wink, wink, nod, nod
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #5
cbell
Frenetic

Edit: I've downloaded Calibre and created a lrf file, but I want it to be checked by a Sony owner before I upload it. UncleDuke, as you asked for it, I've sent you a PM.

PS Edit: Well, look at that! Calibre has a built-in Sony PRS emulator. The book looks OK to me, but the ToC is only at the end. I guess that's alright, but I'll see what UncleDuke says...

Last edited by cbell; 01-01-2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Kept on truckin'
Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Great formatting, cbell. For a first time uploader, it's even outstanding.

Small notice: To avoid a warning by Mobi Creator if you have a only small cover like yours, put that cover on a 600X800 background and maybe add title and author to that background.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
cbell
Frenetic

Oh, thank you! I spent a lot of time reading HarryT's tutorial, learning what to do and working on this book.

I wasn't sure whether to correct spelling mistakes, though - in case they were left in by the publisher to make a book written by a convict more "authentic". I welcome anyone's opinion on this.

mtravellerh, I received the error message that the cover picture was too small when I ran Creator, but I couldn't find a more suitably sized picture. I'll have a go at improving it with a background, as you suggested, thanks.