Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
1v4n0
Connoisseur
1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.1v4n0 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kindle
Post pdf to doc: best way?

Hello guys.

What is the best and (possibly) easiest way to convert from pdf (text) to doc/odt/rft? And I mean with the line breaks in the right places too, not just saving to doc from acrobat. The final goal is an epub.

I did it this way (acrobat pro->save as doc) once, and then I bulk-corrected all the line breaks with perfect epub. Not sure if I missed anything.

EDIT apparently I did. It doesn't undo line breaks where the line ends with punctuation and starts with a guillemet ę, and it erases the dash where the new line starts with one (this is probably due to prefectepub's hypenation regex). Also, it doesn't undo line breaks if a page ends with a period and the next one starts with a capital letter.

One other time I passed the pdf through finereader, but it was more complicated.

Thanks.

Last edited by 1v4n0; 01-25-2016 at 12:32 PM.
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote