Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 2,390
Karma: 4115574
Join Date: Sep 2008
Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Anyone else having trouble lately converting HTML files in Calibre?

I have been having some trouble lately converting my 'liberated' ereader files. It seems that no matter what I do, there are extra line breaks. I've been saving as epub, converting to RTF, editing out the triple line breaks between paragraphs, exporting to HTML and then converting that in Calibre to LRF. No matter how perfect it looks as an HTML file, there are triple line breaks between paragraphs once it gets on the Sony.

Today I got some new ones, and I fiddled for over an hour, could not get them looking right. Finally I just saved the RTF, converted that in Calibre to LRF, and it looked fine. I am okay to do the rest of them that way (although RTF to LRF conversion seemed to take ages compared to HTML to LRF) and I suppose RTF is just as good an archive format as HTML was. But before I go and do 15 more books like this, is something going on that I should know about? Is there a downside to switching over from an HTML-based conversion to an RTF-based one? Does anyone know why my eReader files are suddenly such a problem? It used to be I could just run the dark reverser script and import the HTML straight and now it seems like they all need work---and the work I used to do to get them Sony-ready seems to be not working now...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 AM   #2
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books
 
Kostas's Avatar
 
Posts: 253
Karma: 800
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Hi, ficbot,
I experienced the same extra line breaks problem when converting (appearing correctly) html sources to lrf.
Htmls were produced with microsoft word from rtf sources.

I discovered that the problem was due to word adding extra code to html. The problem was resolved using the "save as web page, filtered" option of word.
I don't know if this applies to your problem.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Advertisement
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having trouble with html files for Astak Pocket Pro weeziepepper Other formats 2 12-25-2009 02:06 AM
Help! Newbie having problems converting HTML/CSS files jackie_w Calibre 6 09-14-2009 05:53 PM
Error in converting files html --> Mobipocket adamsloco Calibre 0 08-29-2009 11:30 PM
Problem converting HTML files to LRF red_five Calibre 2 06-09-2009 04:03 AM
Trouble with Calibre finding eBookreader files thorswitch Calibre 12 06-16-2008 11:04 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.