Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
IntegrityWolf
^_^
IntegrityWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 (3G + Wifi) - white!
Emily Dickinson (complete) for Kindle?

Okay, I'm nuts about Emily dickinson. I'd love to have a complete collection of her works on my Kindle.

I found a free .mobi file of it, but it didn't look right on my kindle and it's very difficult to navigate.

Can anyone reccommend a good ebook that contains ALL of Emily's works? There are some for .99 cents Kindle edition on Amazon but I'm not sure if they contain all the poems (it didn't say).

It's okay if I have a pay a little. I just want something that I can read/navigate through easily.
IntegrityWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Wolf, this thread might interest you (read it through to the end):

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15321
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityWolf View Post
Okay, I'm nuts about Emily dickinson. I'd love to have a complete collection of her works on my Kindle.

I found a free .mobi file of it, but it didn't look right on my kindle and it's very difficult to navigate.

Can anyone reccommend a good ebook that contains ALL of Emily's works? There are some for .99 cents Kindle edition on Amazon but I'm not sure if they contain all the poems (it didn't say).

It's okay if I have a pay a little. I just want something that I can read/navigate through easily.
Why don't you create such a book yourself and upload it here? That way we'd all benefit.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, why don't you collect and compile all 1,775 of Dickinson's extant poems. And make sure you try to keep faithful to the writer's intent, keep track of the copy-text, try not to "correct" the "funny" punctuation, and order them in a way that makes sense. Oh, and try not to violate any copyright accompanying any reference that you might use.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds like a very worthwhile project to me.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sounds like a very worthwhile project to me.
That's the spirit! Just don't take too long, Wolf.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Time is of much less importance than doing a good job. Eg, I could create an eBook version of one of my Dickens books from PG source in 10 minutes, but it wouldn't bear comparison with what I've actually posted here, which is typically the result of 100+ hours of work per book.

Better to spend the time to do it right than to rush out an unfinished botched job.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
IntegrityWolf
^_^
IntegrityWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 (3G + Wifi) - white!
Well, first off, I'm a full-time student and I don't think I'd have the time to dedicate to properly putting together the book. I love Emily Dickinson as well, but I don't think I have the know-how to put her works together properly in an ebook without messing everything up.

I may make something someday, but certainly not now.
Thanks for the help though guys
IntegrityWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityWolf View Post
Well, first off, I'm a full-time student and I don't think I'd have the time to dedicate to properly putting together the book. I love Emily Dickinson as well, but I don't think I have the know-how to put her works together properly in an ebook without messing everything up.

I may make something someday, but certainly not now.
Thanks for the help though guys
I hope you checked out the link above. You might find some alternatives there that might be acceptable, if not perfect, for you.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Time is of much less importance than doing a good job. Eg, I could create an eBook version of one of my Dickens books from PG source in 10 minutes, but it wouldn't bear comparison with what I've actually posted here, which is typically the result of 100+ hours of work per book.

Better to spend the time to do it right than to rush out an unfinished botched job.
Yes, indeed, it does take a lot of time to make a well-formatted ebook which has minimal errors. I was just teasing about hurrying up. I know that there have been many times when I've downloaded free ebooks from various sources, only to find that there are duplicated paragraphs, missing paragraphs, etc.