Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 03-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
opinari
opinari began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T|T
Help with Authentication

Hi,

First, I would like to commend the developer on a great product with an outstanding market potential. Very few freeware products exist that I would consider for purchase, but this is one of them.

That being said, one of the primary reasons for me wanting to use this product is to download websites in the morning that require authentication. One of the websites I read daily is the Wall Street Journal, a pay site.

On my machine, I have logged into wsj.com, been authenticated, and have a cookie in my cookies.txt file for Firefox. I have pointed my Sunrise Desktop client (v. 0.41f) to the cookies.txt file in my Firefox default profile.

I tried crawling the main WSJ.com site using this configuration, and managed only to pull the content that the public user would get. This implies that I was, in fact, not authenticated. Thus, I tried to use the "requires authentication" checkbox, in which I entered my username and password. Again, no success.

Then, I created a user form which I generated from the login screen, which gave me an HTML table in the directory \temp\formlogin.html. This form I stored as my main login form for the WSJ. Then I pointed to it via the Sunrise Desktop GUI, and then I tried a third time. Failure.

I have tried various combinations (i.e., enabling authentication and the userform, while not pointing to the cookies.txt file, disabling authentication while enabling userforms and pointing to cookies.txt, etc., and so on), but none of these have worked yet.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get this configuration to work? Without the ability to authenticate, this program serves no purpose for me.

Thanks,
David