Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 02-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
STBXXL
STBXXL began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T5
Talking Sunrise PalmOS viewer reloaded

I just read that Laurens reconsidered his earlier decision to drop the PalmOS version of his Sunrise viewer:

Quote:
After long deliberation I've decided to restart work on the PalmOS version of my viewer. (Earlier I had decided to abandon work on the PalmOS version.) The main reason for reversing my decision is that the existing Sunrise userbase is almost entirely PalmOS-based. From a business standpoint, it would be foolish to just ignore all these users. Also, many people have asked me to reconsider, so I know there is demand for my product.
Click here to read his full statement. That is in fact fantastic news. Thank you very much and keep up the good work. I'm looking forward seeing it released in the future.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
taylor
Enthusiast
taylor began at the beginning.

Device: T|T3
Indeed this is awesome news!
Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Very cool! Thanks for the info STBXXL, I hope you don't mind that I transferred you to the frontpage
Old 02-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
ortaliz
ortaliz began at the beginning.

Device: M515
Laurens:

This is great news. Thanks! Looking forward to that application.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I also am excited about this. I don't see myself transitioning to PPC anytime soon, and I was seriously disappointed that I wouldn't have Sunrise to play with. Thanks Laurens!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #6
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot
mercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it is

Device: TH55
Thanks Laurens for reconsidering. I just bought a Clie TH55 to replace my TT. As you can see, I don't plan on moving to PPC. Now I have 4 apps that I look forward to: Sunrise Palm Viewer, Pocket Quicken 2.5, DateBk 6 and Life@Hand.

Last edited by mercedes; 02-13-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:48 PM   #7
STBXXL
STBXXL began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Very cool! Thanks for the info STBXXL, I hope you don't mind that I transferred you to the frontpage
Not at all.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:26 AM   #8
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I, too, am glad and I don't even really know what Sunrise is. I have seen the numerous updates to it, but I never paid much attention to them because it was a PPC app. I just know that whenever an update came out, many people were happy. I'm glad that I'll get a chance to experience this happiness. (It'll go great with the happiness I'm getting from trying the new ZLauncher after months of being frustrated with SilverScreen not updating to match my Zodiac.)
POL9A
Old 02-14-2005, 05:27 AM   #9
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pride, if you use Plucker you can use Sunrise now. The current versions are the site converter in development. The offline reader will come at the end. It's a great converter and highly recommended.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #10
ignatz
mechanoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes
I just bought a Clie TH55 to replace my TT.
Hey mercedes, not to hijack the thread, but I would love to hear your impressions of the TH55. I'm impatiently waiting for new Palm offerings to upgrade to from my T|E. I keep coming back to the TH55, but the Sony memory stick (I already have 3 256 meg SD cards) and the high price tag have been keeping me away. You can PM me if you want, but if you could start a quick thread in the Palm section, that would be awesome...
Old 02-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #11
lesliefranke
lesliefranke began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
I also am excited about this. I don't see myself transitioning to PPC anytime soon, and I was seriously disappointed that I wouldn't have Sunrise to play with. Thanks Laurens!
I agree. This is very good news.