Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Droid Bionic, 1st Gen Kindle Fire. All Sony's Retired
Can anyone recommend a good cookbook for Diabetics?

Yep, the all too common problem of being middle-aged and living in the first world! And I spend an hour a day in the gym!

I prefer an eBook that would work on either my Kindle fire or Sony ebook reader, but I would settle for printed. I gotta get this food thing under control.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
You might find this one of use Glen.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Quote:
About the Author
Lucy Beale is a weight-loss expert and the author of The Complete Idiots Guide to Weight Loss and The Complete Idiots Guide to Low-Carb Meals.
Joan Clark, R.D., is a clinical dietician and certified diabetes educator with the University of Utah Hospital Diabetes Center.

Barbara Forsberg is an executive chef and co-author of The American Food Library Guide to Regional Food. Her clients include Donald Rumsfeld, Apple Computer, Neutrogena, Coldwell Banker, Century 21, and Serta.
Sounds like the author's aught to know what they're talking about. I can sympathize as I also have Diabetes and my blood sugars bounce around a bit during the day.
Amazon US
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1 & BlackBerry PlayBook
I'm a lousy, lazy cook, so I don't know about good, but this one is currently temporarily free (probably good for the next few days) from a reputable publisher, if you have a US Amazon account (may eventually also drop at B&N and/or Kobo):

Diabetes Cooking 101: Master Diabetes Cooking with 101 Great Recipes edited by Perrin Davis, out from Agate Surrey who've given us a fair amount of official publisher promo freebies, many of them having to do with food (and sports, and Chicago).
ATDrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I'm a lousy, lazy cook, so I don't know about good, but this one is currently temporarily free (probably good for the next few days) from a reputable publisher, if you have a US Amazon account (may eventually also drop at B&N and/or Kobo):

Diabetes Cooking 101: Master Diabetes Cooking with 101 Great Recipes edited by Perrin Davis, out from Agate Surrey who've given us a fair amount of official publisher promo freebies, many of them having to do with food (and sports, and Chicago).
Thanks for the link ATDrake. I don't cook often either. Far easier to count carbs that are pre made out on labels.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, Many thanks for the suggestions

Quote:

It is still available for free as I type this
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
bfisher
Guru
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
We have some Canadian Diabetes Association cookbooks that are pretty good. They are available on amazon.ca, but I don't know if they are available to a US IP address.

Have you looked at the American Diabetes Association website recipes:
http://www.diabetes.org/mfa-recipes/recipes/
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another topical limited-time promo freebie from Agate Surrey this week (currently just for Amazon US accounts, may or may not show up elsewhere later):

Diabetes Snacks, Treats, and Easy Eats: 130 Recipes You'll Make Again and Again, which is geared especially towards busy newbie cooks with the munchies and is written in consultation with a medical doctor, with a special intro specifically on cooking for the needs of persons with diabetes.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Another topical limited-time promo freebie from Agate Surrey this week (currently just for Amazon US accounts, may or may not show up elsewhere later):

Diabetes Snacks, Treats, and Easy Eats: 130 Recipes You'll Make Again and Again, which is geared especially towards busy newbie cooks with the munchies and is written in consultation with a medical doctor, with a special intro specifically on cooking for the needs of persons with diabetes.
Thanks, I just downloaded!
Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
We have some Canadian Diabetes Association cookbooks that are pretty good. They are available on amazon.ca, but I don't know if they are available to a US IP address.

Have you looked at the American Diabetes Association website recipes:
http://www.diabetes.org/mfa-recipes/recipes/
Yes, I've been going to the ADA website, some good stuff there. I've been wanting to look for stuff that I might not know about or which come from publishers I've not heard of.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard

Agate Surrey have made temporarily free (probably just until the weekend) at Amazon for US accounts a companion edition to the book they freebied upthread:

Diabetes Snacks, Treats, and Easy Eats for Kids: 130 Recipes for the Foods Kids Really Like to Eat by the same authors as the previous. While this doesn't seem to have the same level of medical dietary advice as the last one, at least it probably expands your circle of usable quick recipes?