Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Mobipocket PID -> Kindle serial number ?

Igor's script finds the Mobipocket PID hidden in the Kindle serial number.

I wonder if it would be possible to go from a Mobipocket PID to a Kindle serial number?

I suspect not, since the script only uses part of the serial number.

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I suspect not, since the script only uses part of the serial number.
That could mean the rest of the serial number is just a checksum...
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to go from a Mobipocket PID to a Kindle serial number?
Even if you could, it wouldn't matter. I have created fake Kindle s/n which I use in the Mac KindleFix examples. It creates a valid Mobi PID that works at BoB and allows me to run KindleFix on it.

The problem is... Amazon doesn't just allow any s/n to be entered. It has to be a valid s/n entered into their database. And, if you hit on a valid one it will probably be registered to someone else.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote