Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #16
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Run

prs500 df

in a terminal and post the results (with your reader attached)
I'm not really a techie, but I've done a little bit of command line/terminal stuff. I *think* I ran "prs500 df" (without quotes, of course), a bunch of text popped up in the terminal screen too quickly for me to read it, and then the window closed. If you have more detailed instructions as I what I need to do, please let me know. My unit is actually a PRS-505. I don't know if that makes any difference.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a terminal (should be called Command Prompt somewhere in your start menu

In the terminal type

Code:
prs500 df
and post the output from that command (you can copy paste from the terminal
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 12-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use%
Memory 210M 16.0K 210M 0%
Stick 0 0 0 0%
Card 982M 30M 951M 3%

Last edited by Fledchen; 12-21-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: changing to fixed-width font
Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #19
Fledchen
Guru

It's mysteriously started working today. I don't know what's changed, but I guess I can't complain.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #20
TomeRaider
Enthusiast
TomeRaider began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy, Sony PRS505, PB 302, PB 360
I have the same problem, tried soft reset, erasing card, re-inserting card etc but Calibre wont see it. I have version 21 now - same problem and it works fine with the sony s/w + windows sees it so it's definitely a Calibre issue imho.

prs500 df
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use%
Memory 210M 31M 178M 15%
Stick 0 0 0 0%
Card 971M 48.0K 971M 0%
TomeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:45 AM   #21
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You mention the Sony software working OK. You do realise that if you have the Sony software installed under Windows Calibre will probably not be able to see the reader? They apparently have incompatible USB drivers. This is mentioned on the Calibre site under the section on downloading the Windows version of Calibre.

Edit: I think the above may only apply to the PRS-500 and not the PRS-505 or PRS-700.

Last edited by itimpi; 12-29-2008 at 06:12 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:39 AM   #22
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

You cant use them at the same time - you have to reboot I believe. My point is that I used sony connect to synch my library with the storage card and that worked fine. I switched to Calibre because it has more features and allows easy tagging (genre grouping) the only problem is that it doesnt see the card despite reformatting and everything else I can think of. Transfers to the device itself work fine
Old 12-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post the output of the command

prs500 books
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #24
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

Got it to work - dont know if this is the same for other folk but the key for me was to close calibre completely plug in the ereader so both reader and card browser windows pop up and only then plug in Calibre - doing it in this order calibre sees the card. If I have calibre running and then connect the reader it doesnt.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #25
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

start up calibre I mean of course