Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
high capacity battery clones for Hanlin V3/Bebook

Hi,

In the process of researching/buying the Hanlin v3 at the moment. I've noticed it takes Nokia BL-4C, BL-5C and clones and the default battery has a rating of 950 mAH

On ebay you can get much higher rated clones (eg 1400 mAh and 1800 mAh) for a pittance - ie a few Aussie dollars and often including a battery charger.

Has anyone tried out any higher rated battery than the default and have they done any tests on effect on Hanlin battery life. Or does anyone have any thoughts on this ?

I know the battery life is already great at 950 mAh (eg approx 8000 page turns) but for a few dollars is there any harm increasing this to 1000 pages plus ?

Thanks for any thoughts

PS I did this with my panasonic cordless phone (ie bought higher rated batteries) and extended battery life is really noticeable

Last edited by mobelby; 11-12-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: more thoughts
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
rjh
Connoisseur
rjh doesn't litterrjh doesn't litter

Device: TungstenT3 Nokia770 BeBook
In my experience, (Palm T3, Nokia 770 batteries) I have had no success at all with these so-called high capacity batteries, even from different sources - ebay and local. Battery capacity was always lower than the original part, and the batteries always deteriorated more quickly as well - often lasting less than a year. Of course, when buying on ebay, by the time you've discovered the battery has a quite low capacity, it is too late to return it.

I'm not saying good high capacity batteries don't exist, just that I've never bought one.

However, the Hanlin battery probably isn't anything special so may more easily be improved on. I certainly don't get anything like the 7000 page turns as rated with my current BeBook battery. More like 1000 page turns although I never turn the device off.

I wouldn't expect significantly more capacity in a package the same size as the original. I see Jinke offer replacement batteries very cheaply, maybe BeBook and the others would be interested in doing so as well.

I don't think that buying an expensive battery will always get you a high quality battery, but buying a cheap one almost certainly won't.
rjh is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 11-13-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
From my experience, switching to original Nokia BL-5c battery increases battery life, and noticeably. At least I can easily get 3-4 weeks (without turning device off) and about 2500 page turns during these weeks.
But cheap chinease batteries sold on Ebay aren't as good, also tried several (on my PDAs - Sony and iPaq), didn't notice great improvement.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote