Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-22-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch Sony PRS300
How do I find the Harvard "Great Books" at MobileRead?

I saw somewhere that MR has some kind of Harvard great books collection. Can somebody tell me how to find it? Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:17 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone 6, etc
If you mean Harvard Classics, they're in the eBooks section (Patricia Clark Memorial Library). Below is a link to advanced search results for that section using the keyword "Harvard" for the subject line...

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...rchid=10216109
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-22-2015, 02:14 AM   #3
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That link won't stay good for long, but here is one which actually generates the search: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...&query=harvard
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DXG; Kobo-Glo,Mini; Ipad Air, Voyage
I'm moving this to the Recommended Forum, since it's not a question to do with writing.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If you mean Harvard Classics, they're in the eBooks section (Patricia Clark Memorial Library). Below is a link to advanced search results for that section using the keyword "Harvard" for the subject line...

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...rchid=10216109
Thanks Brian
Old 11-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #6
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That link won't stay good for long, but here is one which actually generates the search: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...&query=harvard
Thanks eschwartz. Lot of good stuff there. I found an author index file there (to make it easier to find stuff) but it's an .imp file. Know how to open that? (Remember I'm Linux.)
Old 11-22-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks eschwartz. Lot of good stuff there. I found an author index file there (to make it easier to find stuff) but it's an .imp file. Know how to open that? (Remember I'm Linux.)
I think at this point .imp is a rather exotic format. Are you sure there isn't an EPUB or MOBI available?
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:23 AM   #8
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I think at this point .imp is a rather exotic format. Are you sure there isn't an EPUB or MOBI available?
I just ran across the .imp. I'll look closer. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I wish they had a 1 file download for the 52 books....
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I wish they had a 1 file download for the 52 books....
Although not free, it might as well be at this price:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

That's a great price, especially if you get the illustrations included.
Too bad I went for a Kobo instead of a Kindle...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: X50s, T2, Glo, H2O +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
That's a great price, especially if you get the illustrations included.
Too bad I went for a Kobo instead of a Kindle...
The book is DRM-free, so it would be very easy to convert to ePub.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

I just looked as the sample on Amazon and the paragraphs all run together. It would need to be edited in order to fix this. No idea what else is wrong with that version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:06 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just looked as the sample on Amazon and the paragraphs all run together. It would need to be edited in order to fix this. No idea what else is wrong with that version.

That's strange. I bought this and I didn't find any problem, if my memory is correct.

If there was a problem, I'm sure I ran it through calibre, but I can't remember.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-26-2015 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I just checked my copy:

I checked "remove spacing between paragraphs," which also automatically set the indent for each paragraph.