Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
zoe0640
zoe0640 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi. I appreciate all the help on these fora. But my experience with images is different. I have a folder C:\Book. The html file is within this folder. Images are in a subfolder C:\Book\Book_files. When I open the html file in a browser the images are fine. In Mobipocket Creator, I import the html file. When I build the prc, I end up with a NEW folder, C:\Book\Book. The html, prc, and opf are in here. There is also a new subfolder, C:\Book\Book\Book_files. All the images have been copied into this folder. Again, the html file opens fine with all the images intact. The only build error refers to no cover image (which I have not imported yet). But when I open the prc in Kindle, there are no images in the eBook. Please help!!! I've been trying to fix this all night!

Thanks,
zoe
zoe0640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
Strether
Addict
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, 3, PW2, Kindle 7" HD Fire
I keep waiting for someone who's really knowledgeable to answer your question, and I guess they're all on vacation. I can only extrapolate from my own experience in using the program. Except I've never had to deal with a sub-folder before. If my book contains images, they're all in the same folder with the HTML document.

So, can you eliminate the sub-folder, and put everything in one folder? If you can, after you import the HTML and a new folder is created, you're going to have to manually copy all the images and paste them into the new folder that's just been created, before you proceed.

If you want to add a cover image, you should do that before you proceed, too, unless you plan on having Calibre do it instead.

Faced with your problem, I'd at least try the above, always assuming that you haven't done that already.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast