Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Whoever wrote the wiki entry needs to go back and fix it. Because legally it's all screwed up. No way in heck is a 30 year old person a young adult. No way is anyone under the age of 18 a young adult. No way a 12 year old who not not even a teenager a young adult. This is just wrong.
Young Adult has always been a euphemism for "teen"... at least in the US at least how I have heard it. Also, what I see in the books stores. Then you have juvenile which is usually pre-teen or so.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Young Adult has always been a euphemism for "teen"... at least in the US at least how I have heard it. Also, what I see in the books stores. Then you have juvenile which is usually pre-teen or so.

BOb
The definitions appear to have changed. For example, I collect what is traditionally called "Juvenile Fiction" from the late 19th and early 20th century - series like "Tom Swift", "The Hardy Boys", "Nancy Drew", etc. That is clearly aimed at the "teenage" market, not at "pre-teens", and is called "Juvenile Fiction" by everybody.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote