Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Gen3: alternative mains chargers?

The plug on my Gen3's mains charger disintegrated earlier - the earth pin snapped off in the socket, and the plug cover fell apart (I only gave it a gentle tug ).

Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap replacement (preferably available in the UK)?

I saw this on the Maplins site; just wondering if there's any other alternatives.

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
jljones
Enthusiast
jljones is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad
there's this

Last edited by jljones; 09-27-2008 at 04:33 PM.
jljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jljones View Post
there's this
That'll work just fine - I bought something very similar from Maplins for £3 or so.

That other Maplins one at £19.99 - that's a crazy price!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cheers jljones and Harry - I was hoping there'd be something cheaper than what I found.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard

Just thought it may be of interest to mention that I purchased the charger jljones kindly pointed out.

It's a bargain - £3.99, no p&p, arrived in a couple of days and it does the job.

Recommended!
jljones
Advert
Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Didn't notice the Free P&P on the amazon page (not usual for £3.99) so found the same thing from Play.com for the same price with free P&P.

Should pay more attention in future!

ps Just noticed that quidco has given me cashback on the adaptor, so my not paying attention has made me a whole 16p better off. I can put that 16p towards - erm- something costing more than 16p :-)

Last edited by Ned; 10-09-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: extra info
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote