Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
bookie
bookie began at the beginning.

Device: nokia
returning to the same page after shutdown?

hi all
When one turns off the Gen 3 Cybook, is it easy when turning it on again to just go back to the same page of the book being read when the Cybook is turned off?
I assume it must be possible, or one could easily use up the 8000 page turns of the battery just getting slowly through a 400 page book.
and if one is reading several books, can the pagemark for each of them be saved?
How easy is it to organize books by folders?
thanks for your help
bookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
hi all
When one turns off the Gen 3 Cybook, is it easy when turning it on again to just go back to the same page of the book being read when the Cybook is turned off?
I assume it must be possible, or one could easily use up the 8000 page turns of the battery just getting slowly through a 400 page book.
and if one is reading several books, can the pagemark for each of them be saved?
How easy is it to organize books by folders?
thanks for your help
When you turn on the Gen3, it takes you to the library screen, with the book you've most recently been reading selected. One key press, and you're at the page you were previously reading.

Your current position in every book is stored automatically, and you can also manually set bookmarks in a book.

Folders are not currently supported, but have been "promised" for the future (but such promises should obviously not be relied on). I have about 300 books on my Gen3 and find that the library system works OK for that number. You probably wouldn't want to have 1000+ books stored, but there's really no reason to.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
bookie

thanks for your reply - I appreciate my questions (from Australia) are basic but the only retail outlet here where one can eyeball the Cybook is staffed by people who know little more than how to turn it on! so I rely on this forum for info before I outlay about A$500 for the deluxe package from Bookeen (the basic package is actually sold for A$600 in the bookstore!!..then another $50 for the cover etc)
Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PSR500,Gen3, iPhone3G, PPro, iPad , Samsung Galaxy S2
One thing I'll add is that while browsing by folders is not supported, you can sort by file path, so if you have stuff organised by folders, you do get a pseudo folder organisation.

I've done in the past to organise books by subject / type and it does work, though a bit awkwardly
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:16 AM   #5
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
bookie, I'm really surprised at your comments. You've obviously not been to our Mitcham, Vic office.

You can have a hands-on demo of a Cybook at Mitcham, if you wish. I've given hundreds of Cybook and iLiad demos and I know a lot more about Cybooks than simply switching them on. I can demonstrate and explain Cybook features in detail.

Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions. Contact details on our website below.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #6
bookie

It's great that you in Melbourne know a lot about the Cybook. However I live in Sydney.
The guy who was on the Dymocks digital stand in Sydney (who told me that was the only digital display in all Dymocks stores in Australia, NZ and Singapore) knew v little about the Cybook. He told me in fact he was more interested in music downloads than in books. Someone else I spoke to on the phone told me that the only person in the Sydney store who knew anything about the Cybook had left.
I don't plan to travel to Melbourne just to find a competent salesperson!
But, how about Dymocks advertises this product!! It's not even on their website! How about also advertising in the travel section of local papers etc etc. No wonder the guy in the Sydney store told me the product was barely moving!
Apart from this, one would be silly to buy from Dymocks as they are charging $600 for the basic version, when the deluxe version is available for $500 from Bookeen (well it was a few days ago - who knows how currency movements have changed this). As Dymocks offers no technical support, there is zero advantage in purchasing locally.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/PW2, Droid Maxx, Galaxy Tab 2 (10")
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
One thing I'll add is that while browsing by folders is not supported, you can sort by file path, so if you have stuff organised by folders, you do get a pseudo folder organisation.
Yes, and if you name the folder starting with a "." it will be hidden and not shown in the library. This can be useful if you want to keep books on the card, but don't want them in the list (e.g., a ".done" folder for books you have already read).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote