Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-28-2004, 11:55 AM   #16
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquare
Thanks again for the great work on this, Laurens. However, it looks like I am still getting the occasional hang on refreshes with the Pre2, where the scheduled updates don't "kick off" because something is sitting in the process window at 100%. Once I manually remove it and then kick off an update manually, all the missed scheduled updates kick off themselves. Very similar to what we were seeing with the Pre1.

Let me know if there is any logging or tracing that would be helpful. Otherwise I'm just going to bounce back to 3.6d.
Please send me the SDL you're using. This might be something that happens specifically with your combination of schedule and/or site settings.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:14 PM   #17
tckober73
tckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it is

Device: PalmOne TungstenE / T5
Thanks everybody for their help.
I followed the instructions and here is what I get:

Dec 28, 2004 09:07:29 AM hl a
INFO: Starting web service on/127.0.0.1:2575

I assume that the desktop file is a .zip file? I followed the link, which opened the file in a new window (using firefox). I used save as and selected WinRAR file.
If I right click on the file it shows it as a zip file.
What do I do now?

Enthusiast
Old 12-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #18
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Laurens, when I followed your instructions, I got the following message: "the system cannot find the file specified" Note that, like others, I am unable to open the Sunrise desktop at all. Philippe Radley
Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 PM   #19
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'radleyp knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

FYI, I found prerelease 1 in my recycler bin, restored it, and it works. Philippe Radley
Old 12-29-2004, 10:44 AM   #20
strat
strat began at the beginning.

Hi Laurens,

I sent you a copy of what was logged on my home computer when I ran desktop.jar. Let me know if you didn't get it. I've now installed pre2 on my work computer that is using Win98SE. Well pre2 works fabulously and I have to say nice job. Hopefully we can figure out why I can't get it going on my XP machine.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-29-2004, 11:01 AM   #21
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat
I sent you a copy of what was logged on my home computer when I ran desktop.jar. Let me know if you didn't get it. I've now installed pre2 on my work computer that is using Win98SE. Well pre2 works fabulously and I have to say nice job. Hopefully we can figure out why I can't get it going on my XP machine.
I sent a reply (to your e-mail address), with an updated HotSync DLL attached. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #22
radleyp
Evangelist

Laurens, can you sent that updated dll to others, me for example? I also use XP. Philippe Radley
Old 12-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #23
Laurens
Jah Blessed

jni-hotsync.zip

Unpack and place the DLL in the Sunrise install directory.

This updated DLL is intended to fix a different set of bugs, though, so it probably won't improve things, but you can always try.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #24
tckober73
tckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it istckober73 knows what time it is

Same here...Wouldn't mind the update - (using xp)
How about posting a link to the update?
Thanks
Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #25
tckober73

Never mind, was too slow:-)
Old 12-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #26
tckober73

Hi Laurens!
Downloaded the updated dll file and extracted it into the program folder.
Still doesn't start up.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:23 PM   #27
strat
strat began at the beginning.

Hi Laurens,

I got the email thanks. I'll be trying tonight and let you know. I haven't changed much in the HotSync config that I can remember other than I think I set Sunrise to do nothing as the default because I wanted to control when Plucker docs were sent to my Palm. I also use GoSync as well but I doubt that would interfere with things.

Dave
Old 12-30-2004, 05:29 AM   #28
Laurens
Jah Blessed

To tckober73 and radleyp, as a workaround you might want to try deleting the following Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\sunrise\ desktop\opentabs

There may be a problem restoring the previously opened SDLs, causing Sunrise to hang.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:15 AM   #29
tckober73

That worked!
Thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 11:20 AM   #30
radleyp
Evangelist

Laurens, how do I remove the registry key (i.e. where is it located)? Philippe Radley