Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #16
ktb1381
Enthusiast
ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ktb1381 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I just got one last week (I'm a defector from the Sony camp) and am thrilled with mine so far. The large print is everything I had hoped for!

Only problem is, I've spent 150 bucks in books... gotta clamp down on the spending there. They sure make it easy to pick up books.
ktb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I'm not sure how long I've had my Kindle ... maybe three months?? I'm still ever so addicted to it.

I take it with me everywhere, and pull it out whenever I have a few minutes to read. No more wasted time for me. It's especially nice in the Home Depot checkout line, or in the lobby of the local ER, both places in which I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #18
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I've had mine since November and I'm still in love. For me, it's not about novelty. Reading is one of my favorite things to do and the Kindle actually improves it in a meaningful way. I haven't read a pbook since (aside from reference/tech books) and hope I never have to.

This last week really highlighted the difference for me. I just got back from a week-long beach vacation and it was so nice to have my slim little Kindle with me rather than half a suitcase full of books. I went through seven books on this trip. Before, I'd usually pack 5-10 books for a trip like this and would often end up buying more if I changed my mind about what I wanted to read. Depending on where I'm travelling, that's not always easy to do. Sometimes people don't quite see the value in ebook readers because It's easy to always have something to read. I can throw a paperback into my bag every day as easily as I can a reading device. An ebook reader makes it easy to always have the thing I want to read right now. I wasn't in the US so no Whispernet but it was still easy to get books. When I'm in the states, it's even easier. Another added bonus: My husband and I both have Kindles and for a good deal of the vacation we were reading the same thing. It was so much fun to be able to talk about the books as we were reading and we didn't have to buy two copies.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I've had my Kindle not even a full week, and I already love the thing to pieces(almost as much as my Ipod, and that's saying something). I go to the library every Saturday and the pBooks that I've taken out have been sitting neglected...One of these pBooks in particular has been making me feel very guilty.

So tell me, does the passion lessen somewhat or am I doomed to feel an unnatural affection for my Kindle?
There is help, but I'd have to charge you for it.

I go no where without my Kindle. It's like it is grafted to my hands.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #20
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I am sooo addicted to reading right now it's almost funny! I too go nowhere without my ereader! Talk about spending big bucks for books, my visa card has been burning up! Just recently I subscribed to Bookmarks magazine and I think it's the bomb! I've gotten many great 'recommendations' from it. I think I will need to get a second job!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #21
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Where can one find Bookmarks Magazine?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #22
Sloan
Sloan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Where can one find Bookmarks Magazine?
Bookmarksmagazine.com I believe.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #23
Becky21
Becky21 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I've had my Kindle not even a full week, and I already love the thing to pieces(almost as much as my Ipod, and that's saying something). I go to the library every Saturday and the pBooks that I've taken out have been sitting neglected...One of these pBooks in particular has been making me feel very guilty.

So tell me, does the passion lessen somewhat or am I doomed to feel an unnatural affection for my Kindle?
I've been trying to get my hands on one of these but I cant find one anywhere. Where is a good place to buy one?

Becky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #24
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: The Amazing Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky21 View Post
I've been trying to get my hands on one of these but I cant find one anywhere. Where is a good place to buy one?
The Kindle is only available from Amazon.com. I know some Borders carry the Sony Reader so you may be able to try it out. I have a Kindle and love it. It goes everywhere with me.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 PM   #25
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
I just got mine today and am already finding little things I love about it. You know that little bar on the bottom with the little dots (I guess its to show you how far in the book you are?) I love it... its adorable It reminds me of reading a pbook and looking at where the bookmark is to see how far you are. "Hey I'm half way" etc.
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #26
newdayjob
newdayjob began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I would have to agree with all of the above. I don't have any other reader to compare it to, but my kindle is awesome.

Corina
newdayjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
JAdams
SamIam
JAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litter

Device: iPad, K3, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
I just got mine today and am already finding little things I love about it. You know that little bar on the bottom with the little dots (I guess its to show you how far in the book you are?) I love it... its adorable It reminds me of reading a pbook and looking at where the bookmark is to see how far you are. "Hey I'm half way" etc.
Looks like Christmas came early for you ! That's great !
I love my Kindle. I take it with me everyday to work.
JAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
LenEdgerly
LenEdgerly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Deb, on Dave Emberson's recommendation, I'd love to interview you tomorrow (Friday) by phone for this week's episode of The Kindle Chronicles, my podcast about the Kindle. Would you be available tomorrow morning (I'm in Cambridge, Mass., on Eastern time)? Skype would be best, though I also have a way to record a regular phone call - need to figure out why there was an annoying hum for Dave's interview. I hope this message reaches you and that we can schedule 15 minutes of your time on short notice. Thanks!
Len Edgerly - email PodChronicles AT gmail.com
LenEdgerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenEdgerly View Post
Deb, on Dave Emberson's recommendation, I'd love to interview you tomorrow (Friday) by phone for this week's episode of The Kindle Chronicles, my podcast about the Kindle. Would you be available tomorrow morning (I'm in Cambridge, Mass., on Eastern time)? Skype would be best, though I also have a way to record a regular phone call - need to figure out why there was an annoying hum for Dave's interview. I hope this message reaches you and that we can schedule 15 minutes of your time on short notice. Thanks!
Len Edgerly - email PodChronicles AT gmail.com
Len, there are several Debs around here, i recommend leaving a message on the profile page of the Deb you're talking about or sending her a PM ; she might miss this post (and even if she doesn't, she might not realize she's the Deb in question).

to leave a message on someone's profile, click on their pseudo, then "view public profile" ; to send a pm, click on pseudo, then "send a private message".
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
The majority of eBook reader have some sort of "progress bar" to show you how far through the book you are.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!