Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Update! I'm a brand new Kindle owner!

As of about 40 minutes ago!

I was leaning towards the Kindle after all my earlier deliberation. And I had actually talked about the Kindle and the Sony with my parents. Well, a few weeks ago they asked me what I wanted for my birthday. (Since I'm a paycheck earning adult and have been for a while, they never know what kinds of things I've already bought for myself.) I mentioned the Kindle but that given the price, a gift certificate that I could apply towards it would be fine.

To cut to the chase:

UPS knocked on the door today with a brand new Kindle! Now I really hope I fall in love with it!

And yes, I've already called to thank them!
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Well, if you don't fall in love with it, tell your folks I could be available for adoption and I'll just take over your Kindle.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Happy Birthday, and if you don't like your Kindle, let me know. I might just buy it from you.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Well, so far so good. Downloaded a couple of free books here and a couple of samples from Amazon and 1 whole book. Got my gift registered fine, so everything is good so far. And I installed MobiPocket 6 which recognized the Kindle so now I know my PID too (just in case I ever want to buy from Fictionwise). I don't love the standard cover that came with it, but I'll live with it for now (until I splurge for the Medge one).
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Well, so far so good. Downloaded a couple of free books here and a couple of samples from Amazon and 1 whole book. Got my gift registered fine, so everything is good so far. And I installed MobiPocket 6 which recognized the Kindle so now I know my PID too (just in case I ever want to buy from Fictionwise). I don't love the standard cover that came with it, but I'll live with it for now (until I splurge for the Medge one).
I saw your other thread ... the one with the questions. And ... they are beyond my expertise, so it's not that I wouldn't love to help, but I haven't gotten into playing with most of those programs yet. I do hope you get an answer soon, however, since it should be pretty informative.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
duck!