Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-30-2016, 08:06 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Numbering omnibus edition?

I have a series of 5 books, the first three of which are in an omnibus edition and the last two of which are singletons. I'd ideally like to series number them as 1-3, 4, 5 but can't; numbering them 1, 2, 3 makes it look like 4 & 5 are missing; 1, 4, 5 makes it look like 2 & 3 are missing. Short of spitting the omnibus edition, can anyone suggest a good way to deal with this?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You could number the big one as 123? Personally, I always split omnibus books with the calibre EpubSplit plugin which does a fine job.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
You could always number them as 1.3, 4, 5 or 1.23, 4, 5

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I used to use the method like higgs...

Then some nasty authors went and made their series longer than 9 books

Not perfect (because of Nasty Publishers) who then issue omnibus editions that skip around,
and calibre drops any trailing 0's on others,
I infer their meaning, while keeping the ability to properly sort by index (the integer being the primary value)

1.03 (first dot 2 digit last), 12.15, 22.23 for ranges
I also use a Tag Omnibus Edition)
n.5 for in between stories (this can be confusing when .5 is not looking out of place

10 for singles

Splitting works best (and helps performance on many mobile devices)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote