Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Making MobiRead Threads BookIt Friendly

Hi MR Admins,
I'd like to submit a request to the MR Admins to Making MobiRead Forum Threads Bookit Friendly.

I often use Beowulf573's awesome Bookit plugin for pulling down web content to my PRS-505 reader. Most sites have a "Print" link to flatten the article, which is also ideal for the BookIt plugin.

Unfortunately this plugin does not work for Mobiread site because of it requires manual navigation to read a thread from beginning to end.

All that would be required for the plugin to work is to flatten the threads by adding a "Print" link or a "Bookit Friendly" link and list all threads discussions on one web page.

The Mobile Layout with all the threads discussions (without page numberss) would be a great layout.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If you are using calibre you can use the RSS feeds to get the threads.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks Bob,
I've looked at Calibre's default Feeds and didn't see it. Would I have to create an RSS downloader for Calibre?

What I am looking for is the ability to download one thread of interest with BookIt. This way I don't download everything, else it would be too big of a download.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Thanks Bob,
I've looked at Calibre's default Feeds and didn't see it. Would I have to create an RSS downloader for Calibre?

What I am looking for is the ability to download one thread of interest with BookIt. This way I don't download everything, else it would be too big of a download.

=X=
Ok, I haven't used it but there is a feeds2lrf I am pretty sure.

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...feeds2lrf.html

You would just need to create a recipe I guess. Kovid or someone that has used this, please help.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote