Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Wodehouse, P.G.: The Swoop!, or How Clarence Saved England. v2 25 Aug 2008

Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse (1881-1975) was a popular English comic writer. His books are usually set around pre-war upper-class English society.

"The Swoop!, or How Clarence Saved England" is a short comic novel published in 1909. No fewer than 9 different armies invade England on the same day, but the boy scout Clarence Chugwater manages to save his homeland. A funny light read for the summer.

I created this version from the PG text, which has very few mistakes. (I checked, where possible with a version in Google books. Interestingly, the main Amazon version of this book seems to be just a poorly formatted copy of the PG text.) I added curly quotes and some formatting, and a TOC, of course. I hope the formatting comes out fine in all devices, I only really tested it on my Cybook. By the way, this was created with mobiperl from the hand-written HTML file.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

EDIT (v2):

Fixed a problem with non breaking spaces.
(Previous download count: 52)

Last edited by Jellby; 08-25-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Version 2:

Fixed a problem with non breaking spaces.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
satire, short story