Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #61
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
... perhaps they would have attached a piece of paper to the Kindle edition...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #62
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
What I'm left wondering is why Amazon isn't the big underwriter here. Or Sony. With the display featuring a rotating assortment of selections of different books, interspersed with pictures of the device and copy about the device. Talk about a missed opportunity!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes, i agree, they seem to make rather incomprehensible choices (or not make them, rather) frequently.

on the other hand, esquire stated they wanted a very *dynamic* sponsor, to really take advantage of the possibilities of a dynamic display. perhaps reading is not high excitement enough for them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #64
whatnopaper
Alien life form
whatnopaper is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo tablet, Forma, iPad
According to this link
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...F13}&dist=hppr

"Ford will prominently feature its highly anticipated Ford Flex on the inside cover, utilizing the same E Ink Vizplex(TM) flexible display technology, in a double-page advertisement."

Vizplex and double-page! Surely not?
whatnopaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #65
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, i agree, they seem to make rather incomprehensible choices (or not make them, rather) frequently.

on the other hand, esquire stated they wanted a very *dynamic* sponsor, to really take advantage of the possibilities of a dynamic display. perhaps reading is not high excitement enough for them.
I don't know if Amazon would have made sense as a sponsor. I'd like to see what it looks like in the magazine first -- it may be that it wouldn't match well with Kindle. Style, functionality, size, feel, interaction might all set the wrong expectations, especially if the item has been cost engineered to the extreme. That said there is a lot of logic to the idea.

I'd really like to see and hold a magazine next to some of the e-readers. It will certainly be a fascinating comparison, and then I'd be happy to make the call if it was a smart move by Amazon or not (especially if we knew how much Ford was having to pay for it). I hate to think how much this copy of Esquire will trade for on ebay.

Still, Kudos to Esquire and Hearst for trying this.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #66
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Whatnopaper,

I have to think that the AD will be a double-page ad, but the e-ink portion will probably not cover both pages. But then again, I'm just guessing.

When does this issue hit store shelves?
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #67
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Did the cover come out yet? Anyone have a pic?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #68
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
now stop it, haven't i mentioned i strained my groaning muscle on the joke thread ?
I thought it was your groin muscle from too much jet boot use!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #69
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
I thought I had read it would be the September issue and ran down to B&N to grab them since they hit today, but sadly it is the October issue, look for it around this time next month according to the customer service guy there.
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #70
M.H.
Connoisseur
M.H. doesn't litterM.H. doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPad
Engadget.com say that it is on the stands now and have some other details.
M.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:06 AM   #71
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Great, it is the <BLINK> tag all over again. Yay 21st century.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #72
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
I found this video in youtube:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS12PMdJ6w
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #73
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
How...very disappointing
I have expected more than just a bit of flashing!

cheers,
kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #74
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Not very exciting but I will pick up a few at Boarders when it opens in a couple of hours.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #75
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Great, it is the <BLINK> tag all over again. Yay 21st century.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!