Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
anyone here watch Star Trek New Voyages?

when i first heard about star trek new voyages last year, i thought it sounded very cool. a fan - who's also an elvis impersonator - who really really loved the original trek decided to put together the rest of the 5 year voyage. he had some money and with help from more dedicated fans, he put together a virtually identical bridge and not only found fans to play the parts, but also got some of the original cast members, some big and some small, which was cool. and some of the original writers. and wait - there's more!

he got permission from paramount to use music, sound effects, etc, as long as the "show" doesn't make any money. the shows so far have cost i think a half a million dollars, but luckily an effects person from battlestar gallactica joined the volunteer crew, so some of the effects are better than the originals - heck, a few are better than stuff i see in high budget tv. and while the show is sometimes corny and a little bit off, i love it.

it took an open mind to watch the first one. for example, the guy playing spock was young and had a different interpretation of spock than i had, but damn if he didn't grow on me. and i love reading about their shows, too - there's plenty about them at http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

there's also several downloadable episodes
http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/episodes.html

and the new one, which is streaming-only for now.

if you're a star trek purist, you may not like this, but if you're like me and you want to see MORE of that 5 year mission and want to enjoy the ultimate fan creation plus see chekov and sulu in new episodes, you're gonna love this!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like fun - thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, star trek, star trek new voyages