Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I would second this and also recommend the sequel "World Without End". It was originally going to be a chapter from the "Pillars of the Earth" but it got too long so he decided to make it a standalone book. Ten years later it's a 1,000 page book.

He might also enjoy some of the Bernard Cornwell books. Sharpe Series or Nathaniel Starbuck Chronicles.

I had no idea this book existed - will have to get it. Even though I made myself promise, just last Friday, not to buy another book until I read the 79 unread on my EB-1150. Thanks for the info!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I recommend a book called "The Last King: Rome's Greatest Enemy" it was a surprisingly good book.

I picked it up because I though it was fantasy. It's far from it and quite a good book. The story is about the last Prussian King, who during his rein prevented Rome from expanding its empire out the East.

After I read this book(I was still reading Paperbacks then) I gave it to my Brother in Law. He liked the story so much he read Micheal C. Fords' other historical fictions.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 07-14-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: corrected grammer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast