Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #31
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0zza View Post
And finally

5. Can you ensure the US don't get it for at least a year... maybe two. In revenge for other products. I think they need to know what it is like.
Such an inconsequential threat. I think you would get a much more animated reaction by doing one of the following:
  1. start an international fund to reelect George W.
  2. start a campaign to declare Bud beer an enemy combatant and send all Bud beer for incarceration in Guantanomo
  3. hire Steve Jobs to lead a literacy is us campaign whose focus is to get people to read books
  4. start a fund to give George W. a scholarship to the Ceasar Chavez School for Orators and English
  5. start a grassroots movement in conjunction with the National Rifle Association to have the US Congress award an medal -- to be called the Dick Cheney Good Citizen Award -- that comes with a tax-free million-dollar cash prize, to the American who accidentally shoots the greatest number of his or her friends while hunting
  6. start an petition drive in the US to have Saudi Arabia buy the US for $1 plus unlimited oil

Now these are things that would get our attention. The Readius -- that only appeals to us ebook geeks. The Bud boys and Steve Jobs couldn't care less.

(PS: All said with a )
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #32
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
We won't be using it in California. Not after this first phase of draconian restrictions on cell phone use in automobiles.

Derek
Not much more draconian than many other states. I support hands free to save a few lives. I don't see how this would effect this phone any more than others.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #33
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Not much more draconian than many other states. I support hands free to save a few lives. I don't see how this would effect this phone any more than others.

Dale
First step - ban use of cells w/o use of hands-free devices.
Second step - ban texting while in car.
Third step - ban use by passengers.
Fourth step... Well, we really *don't* have to keep beating the old dead horse, do we?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #34
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
First step - ban use of cells w/o use of hands-free devices.
Second step - ban texting while in car.
Third step - ban use by passengers.
Fourth step... Well, we really *don't* have to keep beating the old dead horse, do we?

Derek
Just because they take one step does not mean they are going down the path you propose. I would support a ban texting by the driver but there is no reason to go past that point. Drivers should be driving IMHO.

Dale
Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #35
odoketa
odoketa began at the beginning.

Device: PPC6800
Battery and backlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
4. Is the battery user replaceable?
5. Can internet access be turned on and off at will to extend the battery charge?
Also, can the battery be replaced by AA (AAA) (assuming the battery is not already simply rechargeable batteries). This would be much preferable to a proprietary battery.

I'd also like to second the person who asked about the backlight - will there be one, can it be adjusted. Also, will there be any (annoying) blinky lights on the device - I noted in the pics there were several green status lights.
odoketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #36
chef
Enthusiast
chef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by odoketa View Post
Also, can the battery be replaced by AA (AAA) (assuming the battery is not already simply rechargeable batteries). This would be much preferable to a proprietary battery.

I'd also like to second the person who asked about the backlight - will there be one, can it be adjusted. Also, will there be any (annoying) blinky lights on the device - I noted in the pics there were several green status lights.
Of course there WILL NOT be a backlight. E Ink is reflective and opaque. You won't be able to see a light on the other side. You can do side lights like they did with the Motofone.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #37
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
When will the full resolution one come out? 320x240 is a joke.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #38
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
What happened to the answers to our burning questions? They're still on fire.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #39
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Working on it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see they've opted to answer our "Product and User Interface" questions here.

Blog page.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:33 AM   #41
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
What happened to the answers to our burning questions? They're still on fire.
Funny I thought that was just my Hard Drive crashing??
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #42
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The interview is up. I tried to get the most interesting questions into it... time was rather short. Well, here it is:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26754

Cheers
Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #43
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

They've updated their FAQ with information on software and applications. Be sure to scroll down to find the section.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #44
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have a question. After reading about all of the broken e-ink screens, well, why in heck don't they make them out of the flexible Readius screen material? Think about it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #45
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I have a question. After reading about all of the broken e-ink screens, well, why in heck don't they make them out of the flexible Readius screen material? Think about it.
The new 9.7" screens will use a flexible screen and I would expect this will be the big hot item in 2009. After the 9.7" I would expect them to trickle down to 8" and then ruggedized 6" devices.

Dale

Tags
duck!, polymer vision, readius