Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Book File storage on Connect

Right now, CONNECT is putting all of the books I get from there into the "My Documents\My Books\eBook Library" folder, but I'd rather not store them there - I'm trying to keep all of my media files on my D:\ drive instead of my C:\ drive. Anyone know if there's a way to make CONNECT use a different location for my files? I installed CONNECT to my D:\Program Files\Sony\Reader, but it still insists on dumping all the books in the "My Documents etc." folder. Suggestions?
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone 5
No I don't think there is a way to do that. There is a hard-coded reference to the "My Books" path in the ktkBook.dll.

The best think you can do is to move the location of your My Documents folder to the D drive. You can do that by right clicking on My Document, then Properties.

Then click on the Move button.

You can google this procedure to get more info, but that will reset your My Documents to whatever folder you want, permanently. It will maintain the structure, but starting at whatever point you specify when you do the move.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorswitch View Post
Right now, CONNECT is putting all of the books I get from there into the "My Documents\My Books\eBook Library" folder, but I'd rather not store them there - I'm trying to keep all of my media files on my D:\ drive instead of my C:\ drive. Anyone know if there's a way to make CONNECT use a different location for my files? I installed CONNECT to my D:\Program Files\Sony\Reader, but it still insists on dumping all the books in the "My Documents etc." folder. Suggestions?
Just copy the eBook files where you want. Then remove them from the Connect and read in from the new location.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks guys! Those are both good ideas - I'll see which will work better for me
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorswitch View Post
Thanks guys! Those are both good ideas - I'll see which will work better for me
There is actually a way to move your MyDocuments folder to your D: drive so Windows will recognize it as the actual location. I don't remember exactly how to do it. I think it is a registry edit. If you google it I am sure you will find it.

This looks good: http://www.techsupportalert.com/how_..._documents.htm

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote