Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #136
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Actually, I think technibobbled sounds better
well, the brilliant thing about mozzles is they can be refined over time, just as has happened with many long-standing "legitimate" words...

as for who might or might not be a "lunny", well... if the mozzle fits, i always say...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #137
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
as for who might or might not be a "lunny", well... if the mozzle fits, i always say...
As a matter of interest, 'loon' is an old Scots word for a young man, that or 'lad'. Loons & Quines. Lads & Lassies. Guys & Dolls. Whatever tickles your fancy.
So there you go.

(yes, I am bored and forum-trolling)

(oooh, how about troffling?)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #138
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"loon" means young man... how brilliantly appropriate. thanks for that, mindy. and quine, where did i just see that ??

troffling, why not ? it reminds me of truffles, which reminds me of pigs, and by a random association of ideas of treasure-hunting. all perfectly cromulent ideas to vehiculate in a word about forum-trolling, if you ask me.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #139
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
"loon" means young man... how brilliantly appropriate. thanks for that, mindy. and quine, where did i just see that ??

troffling, why not ? it reminds me of truffles, which reminds me of pigs, and by a random association of ideas of treasure-hunting. all perfectly cromulent ideas to vehiculate in a word about forum-trolling, if you ask me.
yeh, quine is an Aberdonian term for a woman...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #140
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
a snug fit I'd say...
Old 06-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #141
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
quine, where did i just see that ??
My contribution to the colloquialism thread. Should probably have cross-referenced for clarity
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #142
zelda_pinwheel

yes of course, that's where. thanks. i even did a search, but with no "s" it didn't come up. consider it cross-referenced, now. these threads are so inter-tangled you practically need a sherpa to find your way around them anyway...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #143
GeoffC

Quote:
yes of course, that's where. thanks. i even did a search, but with no "s" it didn't come up. consider it cross-referenced, now. these threads are so inter-tangled you practically need a sherpa to find your way around them anyway...
someone, one day, will learn to multi-quote across threads - and that'll cause real chaos...
Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #144
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Abnoxious - being a boor in an abnormal fashion.

"That pshrynk was realy abnoxious with his avatars today!"
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #145
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Abnoxious - being a boor in an abnormal fashion.

"That pshrynk was realy abnoxious with his avatars today!"
Arrrrgh!! I was JUST GOING TO POST THAT ONE!!!

And since the poster was really trying to describe yours truly .... I think I should have been given the opportunity to do so. But nooooooooo.....
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #146
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm abnoxious that way, sometimes.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #147
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm abnoxious that way, sometimes.
bonus points to pshrynk for providing an example of the mozzle in a completely pertinent comment within two posts of its original entry !!! the OED would be so proud...
Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #148
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
bonus points to pshrynk for providing an example of the mozzle in a completely pertinent comment within two posts of its original entry !!! the OED would be so proud...
Oh .... alright ... bonus points to pshrynk. (Grumble, moan .....)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #149
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
I think pshrynk did even better than that by using an abnoxious avatar. He needs to shrynk it!
slayda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #150
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I think pshrynk did even better than that by using an abnoxious avatar. He needs to shrynk it!
oh, perhaps, but the avatar predates the mozzle... so it can't be counted as an illustration, unless we allow for possible non-linear chronological manipulations (which is thoroughly possible, obviously).

Tags
unutterable silliness