Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
khazaddum
Enthusiast
khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khazaddum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exactly I was looking for suggestions of more writers as well... I'm trying to explore, since my to read list is somewhat weak due to my pickiness. I will be starting Atonement after I'm done with A Feast for Crows by GRRM, which I've liked so far.
khazaddum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura, Nexus 7
If you like Dickens and elaborate prose then I think you would like Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast books. He was an artist as well as a writer and he writes like an artist. His characters have that exaggerated and grotesque quality that you see in Dickens also.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast