Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Problem staying logged in

Sorry if this is the wrong location to put this...

When I am logged in, and either open a thread on a new tab, or refresh the current page to see if anyone else has added a post, mobiread looses my login and tells me I have to log in again.

Is this a bug, or planned that way?

I use tabs so I can hold on to my original place when I'm through with that thread.

Just thought I'd let the powers-to-be know.

-Alyson

PS I have a lot of problems finding my way around and knowing what everything is. Is there a tutorial or "cheat sheet" I could look at?

AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
When I am logged in, and either open a thread on a new tab, or refresh the current page to see if anyone else has added a post, mobiread looses my login and tells me I have to log in again.
What browser are you using? I don't see that problem at all. Do you tell it to "remember your login" when you login? Perhaps you have permanent cookies disabled on your browser?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use IE, std. No I don't remember my login, I always logout when I leave. And it does flash the message that cookies are deleted. But is this why I lose my login if I refresh the page and/or open in a new tab. That doesn't seem right.

Is there a selection in my profile I need to change? Other than remember login, which I prefer not to do.

Alyson
Old 05-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there a selection in my profile I need to change? Other than remember login, which I prefer not to do.
No, I think it is an issue with your browser. Sounds like the cookie isn't being sent on each refresh. Do you have cookies disabled perhaps? Do you have some type of security add-in?

I would try telling it to remember login and see if that fixes it. You can still logout manually by clicking the logout which will delete the cookie from your system.

BOb
Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru

Cookies ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No, I think it is an issue with your browser. Sounds like the cookie isn't being sent on each refresh. Do you have cookies disabled perhaps? Do you have some type of security add-in?

I would try telling it to remember login and see if that fixes it. You can still logout manually by clicking the logout which will delete the cookie from your system.

BOb
I've probably got cookies disabled. I'm pretty paranoid about privacy invasion. I'll try the "remember logon" and see if that works. Thanks for the info.

Alyson
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru

Cookies saved the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
That worked. I logged out and logged back in with the "remember login" checked and I've changed tabs and refreshed and I'm still here.

Thanks loads.........

Alyson
Old 05-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks loads.........
Happy to help.

BOb