Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buble View Post
Ok, sure, here is my file :
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...7083206/964e22
I would love not to do it "by hand" but I don't know how to do it in an other way : "my" Calibre doesn't purposes me to edit the books (it just makes the conversion), and I did mine with word (conversion to html) and then RJ textedit where I put the css in an other file, and create the content.opf and the toc.ncx... But if you know a software or have a better solution, of course I take it !
Thanks for your support.
Ok, a couple of things:

1) The file PHEN_c0.xhtml was indeed not manifested in the OPF file. Nor was it included in the spine. It was referenced in the NCX, so I assume you wanted it to be a part of the epub.

2) The contents of the PHEN_c0.xhtml file appeared to be a duplication of the beginning of the PHEN_livre.xhtml file. I assume you wanted to remove that content from the "main" xhtml file and put it into its own separate "chapter" file.

So I added a manifest entry for the PHEN_c0.xhtml file in the OPF, added its ID to the spine section of the OPF (after the cover page) and removed the duplicate content from PHEN_livre.xhtml.

If you want to continue this manually--though calibre now comes with its very own editor included--remember these steps when "splitting" into individual chapters:

1) Remove the content from the main file and paste into its own file.
2) Add a manifest entry (and unique ID) to the opf for the newly created file.
3) Add the ID of the manifest entry above to the spine section of the OPF.

and optionally:

4) Modify the toc.ncx file to point the navpoint to the new chapter file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Human Heritage and competitiven - Yves Barou.epub (1.97 MB, 14 views)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #32
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buble View Post
Ok, sure, here is my file :
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...7083206/964e22
I would love not to do it "by hand" but I don't know how to do it in an other way : "my" Calibre doesn't purposes me to edit the books (it just makes the conversion), and I did mine with word (conversion to html) and then RJ textedit where I put the css in an other file, and create the content.opf and the toc.ncx... But if you know a software or have a better solution, of course I take it !
Thanks for your support.
Calibre has included an ebook EDITOR in the last 20+ (I have lost track) revisions. It is coming along quite nicely.

For a selected book IN the Library: Tap 'T'
from the CLI ebook-editor (it is also on the Calibre section of start menu)

OPF, NCX, Validation (calibre and W3C for the CSS) can all be done.

Images can be rotated (I put the long dimension to match my normal view: portrait mode on the device)
Let the tools do the heavy lifting and save your hair for when the tools just won't get you there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
And don't forget Sigil.
Even though development has stopped, it's still perfectly capable of creating/editing epubs. And it will take care of many of these things (managing the OPF file) for you.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #34
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre has included an ebook EDITOR in the last 20+ (I have lost track) revisions. It is coming along quite nicely.
Since v1.15 (I checked the "Major New Features" tab on http://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new); we are now on v1.39, so ~25 weeks/calibre releases.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #35
odedta
Groupie
odedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileReadodedta has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: iPad
I'm excited every time a new release is out, sort of like every time a new "Game of Thrones" episode is out

Last edited by odedta; 06-08-2014 at 04:48 PM.
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:10 AM   #36
Buble
Buble began at the beginning.

Device: none
To Diapdealer : I am so sorry Iam such a newbie! Indeed I did so many tests that I didn't check that for this one my file was actually not declared in the opf... my mistake ! I already created an ebook by myself (based on a word document) so I thought I would be able to do it again. I'm gonna try to split the others chapters in other files. You were right, I did want to pu the chapter c0 in an other "chapter" file.
Thank you so much, now I doscovered all these things I am gonna look at Calibre and Sigil to help me.

Last edited by Buble; 06-09-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Buble is offline   Reply With Quote