Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
Pezzy
Pezzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Picture/ Carousel

Hi all.

I'm using the latest version of Calibre E-book Management, version 1.35.

I use it to convert epub to mobi to read it on my Kindle Fire HD.

After recently converting an epub to mobi on my computer, I then copied the file over to by Kindle Fire HD via a USB cable (like I usually do) into the "Book" folder. In the carousel, instead of the book's picture/ cover being displayed, there's just this generic blank picture; it has the title of the book, but no picture.

If I open the book itself in the Calibre program, I can see the book's picture/ cover just fine.

I remember coming across something once where people were having trouble period getting books (mobi) to show up at all in the carousel. The instructions were to go to "Convert" in Calibre, then click on "Mobi Output", and then in "Personal Doc tag" where it says [PDOC] to replace it with [EBOK]; or some say to just delete [PDOC] and don't replace it with anything.

I don't have a problem with it showing up in the carousel, there's just no cover picture displayed.

I even tried "Edit Metadata" and downloading a new cover; nope, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? Tips?

Thanks,
Pez
Pezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Another possible solution, which may be needed in combination (??? I don't know since I don't have one and can only say what I sort of remember from old conversations here) is to use the Quality Check plugin which has options to find and fix the ASIN in MOBI/AZW3 "for the Kindle Fire".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast