Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
prom king
Enthusiast
prom king began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Key Error

I just installed Calibre 0.6.29 on my Win7 x64 in order to access my Sony PRS-500 and when I open Calibre I instantly get the message:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'ondevice'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library.py", line 608, in headerData
KeyError: 'ondevice'

and after the message Calibre closes. What does that mean? I tried re-installing it and still the same. And what does it mean to have "have a bad Windows font (or non-font garbage in the fonts folder)" and how do I get rid of it?
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
This is not the same error message. Also, you just installed a very old version of calibre. Old versions will still have all the old bugs, so it's best to work with the latest version when troubleshooting. Install the latest version from http://calibre-ebook.com/download and if you still get that problem, report back.

This also counts as doing the clean reinstall with a newly downloaded installer. Very important to do the reinstall with a freshly downloaded installer -- otherwise you may reinstall the error too !

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-20-2014 at 01:01 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Moderator Notice
Moved to separate thread

6.29 on W7? Why o why?

On device implies there may be corruption in the filesystem/data in the Sony.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
prom king
Enthusiast
prom king began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I guess you didn't fully read my post because I installed old version to acess my PRS500, new verson works but won't recognize my PRS500 device.
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
You cannot revert to such an old version. You must do a clean install, including a new library and new preferences. And even then it might not work because the world has moved on in the several years since that release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote