Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #31
KindaFarty
KindaFarty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
RSS Feed instead of Index.xml?

After generating my calibre2opds library (in Dropbox, Public, Catalog folder), when I go to view the index page (index.xml), it shows an RSS feed instead of the book catalog.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I've had the same result with several versions of calibre2opds.
KindaFarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #32
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
index.xml is the rss feed.

index.html is the web index.

.xml is a file extension referring to, well, XML content instead of HTML.

You are doing everything right. You just aren't doing what you think you are doing.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #33
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As was mentioned you use the .html file for a catalog that is to be viewed using a browser. The .xml file is the OPDS catalog file for use with an OPDs compatible reader app.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #34
KindaFarty
KindaFarty began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
index.xml is the rss feed.

index.html is the web index.

.xml is a file extension referring to, well, XML content instead of HTML.

You are doing everything right. You just aren't doing what you think you are doing.
D'oh! Thanks for the quick reply. I simply had the "don't generate html" box ticked. I knew it was going to be something obvious.

Much appreciated.
KindaFarty is offline   Reply With Quote