Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #31
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
Unfortuantely the sleep cover may not be the best thing for me. I had a first generation Fire that I put in a leather bound hardback cover. The troubble as that the cover hurt my wrists from the weight and now I use a pouch that I remove the paperwhite entirely from when I use it.

Perhaps if this question was put in the form of a poll the answers would be a little bit more helpful.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #32
Glorfindel
Wizard
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Be careful with covers that have dye in them, I had one that turns my Kindle purple on the back, now I have a piece of paper in between the kindle and cover that keeps it clean.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #33
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Unfortuantely the sleep cover may not be the best thing for me. I had a first generation Fire that I put in a leather bound hardback cover. The troubble as that the cover hurt my wrists from the weight and now I use a pouch that I remove the paperwhite entirely from when I use it.

Perhaps if this question was put in the form of a poll the answers would be a little bit more helpful.
I only have used the T3 sleepcover which is very thin and light. The coverless reader is 160g and with cover it is 200g.

Unfortunately nothing like this for the kindle(s) yet AFAIK.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #34
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Kindle Touch and PW
3G PW2 now or wait for eventual PW3 release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
3G is OBSOLETE. I got 4G LTE on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. The PW 2014 will probably have 4G !

No need of 4G on a eink device. To download ebooks, 3G is more than enough.

Unless carriers update their networks in a way that 3G won't work, I see no reason for Amazon to provide 4G. They didn't on PW2 and 4G technology is not actually new.

As a matter of fact, a faster pipe like 4G on a Kindle may open the opportunities to irresponsible people to hack the thing and use it for another purposes. Then we all lose.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #35
Glorfindel
Wizard
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
^Or pay
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote