Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
mind_philip
mind_philip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Saturday Guardian problem

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but I've seen no reference to a similar problem (the fact that it only seems to affect me might suggest that my Kindle is at fault rather than the recipe). However, for the past few weeks, I've noticed that the Saturday edition of The Guardian & Observer causes my Kindle 4 to freeze and crash. No other day of the week displays similar issues. Is the file just too big (last week's was over 17mb) for the Kindle 4 to handle?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
mind_philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, the Kindle has been known to crash on some larger files. It's not so much raw filesize as amount of text/markup complexity.

The only way I know to workaround it is to edit the recipe to remove content you dont want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement