Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #16
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep2045 View Post
@Gartenzwerg: Yeah, thanks for the remainder, I think aero mentioned it as well. Unfortunately, that only works (to my understanding) without incurring further costs (for 3g delivery) if your Kindle is registered to a german Amazon account? But maybe I'm misinterpreting Amazon's terms of service regarding subscriptions?
(and it obviously won't matter if you have wifi)

Cheers,
sheep2045
If it uses the send-to-kindle email address, Amazon will deliver it over 3G to any kindle, but charge you the delivery fee for personal documents. You can get around that by sending it to send-to-kindle-address@free.kindle.com and it will not be sent through 3G.

All personal documents cost money to be delivered over 3G.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
Gartenzwerg
Gartenzwerg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exactly:

You may use "free.kindle.com" and you won't be charged any additional fees.
Gartenzwerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
Sheep2045
Sheep2045 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Thanks for the hint with the free.kindle.com address, I forgot about that. Having a Kindle DXG, I've only 3G, so if I wanted to get the kindle edition without cost, I'd have to use the kindle pc app, is that correct?

@aero: Thanks (again!), I'll test the recipe tomorrow. I remember the resulting ebook not looking perfect, need to check if there are any additional changes now (compared to the "old" recipe).

Cheers,
sheep2045
Sheep2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #19
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep2045 View Post
Thanks for the hint with the free.kindle.com address, I forgot about that. Having a Kindle DXG, I've only 3G, so if I wanted to get the kindle edition without cost, I'd have to use the kindle pc app, is that correct?

@aero: Thanks (again!), I'll test the recipe tomorrow. I remember the resulting ebook not looking perfect, need to check if there are any additional changes now (compared to the "old" recipe).

Cheers,
sheep2045
What do you mean by Kindle Edition? If it is mailed by the website to your send-to-kindle address, just send it to whichever device/app's email address you like, using the free.kindle.com variation! If it is a subscription bought in the Kindle Store, then like all Amazon Kindle purchases, free 3G delivery is part of the package.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #20
Sheep2045
Sheep2045 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
@aero: I finally managed to read on the train today; the ebook looks no different to me than two years ago, so I guess it probably never looked really nice. I find it easy enough to read as it is, though.
Sheep2045 is offline   Reply With Quote